Boxing a bike in Paris

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Markpretty

Boxing a bike in Paris

Post by Markpretty »

Hi all, I am doing a rider in May and June across Spain and France. I will finish up close to Paris for a flight out of Charles de Gaulle airport. Has anyone got advice on where to find a box or bike shops used for that in Paris or near airport? thanks. Mark
simonhill

Re: Boxing a bike in Paris

Post by simonhill »

I use Google maps. Open up near chosen location and put in a search for bike shops or something similar.

It will locate most. You can then click on each to see which might be suitable. Read reviews look at photos, etc.

Website, email, phone, etc usually given.
withdeanbike

Post by withdeanbike »

In Milan, Berlin and Warsaw, where I've finished some long rides from Nottingham, I've just asked in bike shops and the first or second shop has given me a bike box for flying back. Last summer I did a new trick: cut the box up along its seams and tuck it under an arm to cycle to the airport. Buy plenty of parcel tape in good time. Otherwise box the bike and use public transport to the airport.
Navrig

Post by Navrig »

I had the same issue in Athens. I knew I would have a few days in Athens so looked at roughly where I wold find accommodation then searched for bike shops in that area. I then messaged one on FB messenger and asked if they could/would box my bike. They responded the following day and said it would be 20EURO.

On the day of arrival I took my bike there and collected it a few days later.

Much easier than finding a box, tape, cable ties and soft packing.