London Commuter Cyclist Headbutts Ped.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Jdsk

Re: London Commuter Cyclist Headbutts Ped.

Post by Jdsk »

Nearholmer wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 10:39am Botskys being used to drive divisive material to the top, thereby promoting discord, as a means of destabilising the country.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to discover that “our” bots are right this moment beavering away doing something similar in the opposite direction.
I attended an IPIE lecture this week. They've just completed a review of countermeasures against misinformation. One that was recommended was individuals checking their own posts/ forwarding/ citing/ upticks before hitting SEND.

Jonathan

The International Panel on the Information Environment (IPIE):
https://www.ipie.info

"Strategies for Improving the Global Information Environment: Results from a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis":
https://assets-global.website-files.com ... 0FINAL.pdf
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

Nearholmer wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 10:39am Botskys being used to drive divisive material to the top, thereby promoting discord, as a means of destabilising the country.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to discover that “our” bots are right this moment beavering away doing something similar in the opposite direction.
Interesting that you should say that. My suspicion is that, besides our own natural incompetences, out-side agents have been promoting any and every form of discord that they can and that they have been doing it for a very long time.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Carlton green wrote: 19 Jan 2024, 12:19pm

Interesting that you should say that. My suspicion is that, besides our own natural incompetences, out-side agents have been promoting any and every form of discord that they can and that they have been doing it for a very long time.
No they haven't.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

If the video was not a 'neutral' and so fairly benign one, I doubt the BBC would ever have showed it.
I should coco.
plancashire

Post by plancashire »

Can anyone find a video on the BBC showing bad behaviour of someone in a car please? Then we can all watch and ask our friends to watch it so it pops up in the Most Watched panel for a bit. I'm only being half serious.

Hmm, maybe such a video falls into the category of dog bites man?
I am NOT a cyclist. I enjoy riding a bike for utility, commuting, fitness and touring on tout terrain Rohloff, Brompton M3 and Wester Ross 354 plus a Burley Travoy trailer.
SwiftyDoesIt

Post by SwiftyDoesIt »

that'd be our government/s agents whom are sock puppets for the ruling classes/royal family scum. Keep the plebs at each others throats and in fear = easier to control, easier to lie to and easier to steal their resources and enslave them even more. All the whilst the scum are laughing their heads off and living in absolute luxury off the back of the working classes (that's incl so called middle class as well)

BBC is a government <i>[derogatory word removed]</i> outlet full of lies, propaganda and manipulating bilge.
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

SwiftyDoesIt wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 2:24am

that'd be our government/s agents whom are sock puppets for the ruling classes/royal family scum. Keep the plebs at each others throats and in fear = easier to control, easier to lie to and easier to steal their resources and enslave them even more. All the whilst the scum are laughing their heads off and living in absolute luxury off the back of the working classes (that's incl so called middle class as well)

BBC is a government <i>[derogatory word removed]</i> outlet full of lies, propaganda and manipulating bilge.
Can’t say that you’re wrong but rather conclude instead that the promoters of discord are many and from multiple different backgrounds with multiple agendas. I have no doubt that the mass media in this country is little to do with truth and very much fear that at times the BBC is a voice of government - not how it should be but it is what it is. Sadly the long established advice of ‘believe nothing of what you hear (includes read), and only half of what you see (live and with your own eyes)’ remains true and good advice.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.