orrible Roads

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Pebble

orrible Roads

Post by Pebble »

This sign made me laugh - so true. It is a horrible road to be on, narrow, fast, busy, falling to pieces.
SwiftyDoesIt

Re: orrible Roads

Post by SwiftyDoesIt »

That's pretty grim, to think we would commute, do utility and tour on 23mm tyres, I was still doing all that in the early 00s, went up to 25mm around 2005 and now at 28 front/32 rear.

it's the speed the government allow motorists to go up to (becoz limit sign means target +5-10mph :x ) that makes an already garbage environment like your Galashiels pic even worse. you can cope with most surfaces when on your own, but when you have to contend with the 'others' it makes it extremely tedious at best.

I'd just love to see 30mph limits for all C/unclassified roads and 40mph max for B roads, it'd go some way to offset the travesty of poor road laying/maintenance, but no government is ever going to do that and unenforceable what with the way things are.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Speed limit is 60 mph on that road, and some will break it. In fact their was a backfiring Audi who by the sound of it probably was (although when he pass me it was an exemplary perfect pass of a cyclist)

Yes it would be wonderful to put a max 30mph speed limit on all unclassified roads, and may be a 40 on 'B's
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Pebble wrote: 9 Jan 2024, 8:12am Speed limit is 60 mph on that road, and some will break it. In fact their was a backfiring Audi who by the sound of it probably was (although when he pass me it was an exemplary perfect pass of a cyclist)

Yes it would be wonderful to put a max 30mph speed limit on all unclassified roads, and may be a 40 on 'B's
IMO too many roads are classified at 50mph. When I'm travelling on a narrow winding road with a 50mph limit I'm frequently "tailgated" because I deem 40mph to be the safe speed.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Those right-hand-drive Audis all have nuts loose behind the wheel.
Have we got time for another cuppa?