A new stove for our kit?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Woodtourer

Re: A new stove for our kit?

Post by Woodtourer »

Ordered The Soto Windmaster yesterday. The outdoor store that is close by didn't have any in stocks. But they do have an online store + we get 10% back on our purchases.
Now what else do I "need"!
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Several friends have the Soto Windmaster and all are pleased with it, so I think that's a good choice.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Woodtourer wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 9:55am Ordered The Soto Windmaster yesterday. The outdoor store that is close by didn't have any in stocks. But they do have an online store + we get 10% back on our purchases.
Now what else do I "need"!
A coffee dripper??

https://restrap.com/products/coffee-dr ... gLkT_D_BwE
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Tinkerbell wrote: 22 Jul 2023, 10:38am A coffee dripper??
I recently bought a similar product - Munieq Tetra Drip. It's seriously good. I need to drink good coffee and have previously taken an Aeropress Go on my travels, but the tetra drip is way more portable and tbh even better than the aeropress. I like it so much that it comes on my non-cycling adventures too :)

The restrap doesn't mention what size filters it takes. The larger tetra drip takes 02 (3-cup) filters, which allow you to make coffee for yourself or a (small) group, plus the device is a bit larger so it's less fiddly to use/pour water into etc.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Interesting. The Restrap takes Hario size 02 filters, so just one (large) cup really (which is fine for me).