Accommodation on a cycle tour of Brittany

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Bess3110

Accommodation on a cycle tour of Brittany

Post by Bess3110 »

Has anyone got any idea if there are enough B&Bs for my husband and I to be spontaneous about where we stay in Brittany or do we need to plan and book in advance? We'll be there in May/June.
bretonbikes

Re: Accommodation on a cycle tour of Brittany

Post by bretonbikes »

Bess3110 wrote:Has anyone got any idea if there are enough B&Bs for my husband and I to be spontaneous about where we stay in Brittany or do we need to plan and book in advance? We'll be there in May/June.

There are a fair few and at that time they are more than likely to have space - the problem being finding them! There are umpteen 'labels' each with a website that only includes Chambre D'Hote signed (and paid) up - this even includes the tourist office listings.

At the current state of play the best way of finding a Chambre D'Hote is to get to a computer - open google maps and search for 'chambre D'hote' - the snag is that this will bring up a disproportionate number of English owned B&B (as they are more on-the-ball) but more and more French places are getting the point and the situation is improving rapidly.

Standards are generally high and expect to pay 50-75 Euro for a couple including breakfast. This may help - http://www.bretonbikes.com/generalartic ... rance.html

If you need some specific recommendations in Brittany please U2U and I'll see what I can do to help.
38 years of cycletouring, 33 years of running cycling holidays, 8 years of running a campsite for cyclists - there's a pattern here...
Bess3110

Post by Bess3110 »

Thanks that's really helpful.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

In Brittany, if not camping I stay in Logis de France. Always comfortable with fixed priced meals if you are on a tight budget, but usually absolutely super evening meals. Logis are a great place to sample really good French cooking. You will have no problems in May and June. I always phone up and book 24 hours in advance.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......