Ribble Winter Audax bike

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
AlastairS

Ribble Winter Audax bike

Post by AlastairS »

Hi, thinking about buying this bike - would it be fine for summer weekend rides as well as winter training commmuting ?

The other bike I was thinking of is Specialized Roubaix 2014 - but just a summer bike i think. I have a tourer I could use for winter(though reluctant to use as it is heavy).
Be grateful for your advice.

Thank you
NUKe

Re: Ribble Winter Audax bike

Post by NUKe »

Yes ithe ribble is a good all year round bike. If you want bikes of similar ilke to compare try searching on Audax
NUKe

Post by eileithyia »

Good all year round bike it what my son uses.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

My old one was a decent enough frame, but very tight with 25mm tyres and guards.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

Anything comparable to Ribble winter audax but can take 25mm with guards? Prefer to be in similarly priced.
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

JUst noticed Ribble Sportive 365 Campagnolo http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sed/road-%20...%20=conf_SERW can take 25mm ryres and mudguards so suitable all year round ?
Don't know it's weight. I was thinking of a Specialized Roubaix, but is this better ? Realise it costs more than the Winter Audax at £1000.
honesty

Post by honesty »

Of interest to you may be this: http://spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s21p3106 - £950 for a spa cycles 3k carbon framed bike with full shimano 105 (and a triple!) is a bargain. It doesn't say in the description whether the frame takes guards, but i would guess it does because the specced brakes are deep drop.
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

Thanks Honesty, I've sent an email to Spa re mudguards though I think I would prefer a double chainset.
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

The Tifosi CK7 is a 28mm with guards choice. See a few about on the Audax scene.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
honesty

Post by honesty »

AlastairS wrote:Thanks Honesty, I've sent an email to Spa re mudguards though I think I would prefer a double chainset.

Would be interested in hearing the answer. Spa are pretty good in building up the bike how you want, so if you were to request a double I think they would do that for you.
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

reply from Spa; it won't take mudguards. Will take upto a 25mm tyre and weighs for 54cm, 8.5kg.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

I own and run everyday a Tifosi CK7, I use 25mm tyres normally but have put 28mm tyres on in the past. The ribble Audax also has aenough clearance for 25mm tyres and guards.
NUKe

Post by Ayesha »

Now I've got a bike with disk brakes, full mudguards and 28mm tyres, the rim brake bikes don't come out in winter.
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

The ribble Audax also has aenough clearance for 25mm tyres and guards.
If that's the winter audax , I'm pretty sure Ribble said to me in email that it will only take up to 23mm tyres with guards ?
AlastairS

Post by AlastairS »

The Tifosi hhas an aluminium frame , but the Ribble Sportive 365 Campagnolo has a carbon one.
Carbon would be my choice for comfort of ride.