Accomodation Ypres, Bergues, Dunkirk

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
martin113

Accomodation Ypres, Bergues, Dunkirk

Post by martin113 »

I will probably be finishing my coming tour of Netherlands and Belgium in Ypres, then riding back to Dunkirk for the ferry back to Dover. I could stay in the campsite in Ypres but by then it could well be about 30th October and so could be really nippy at night, so I would like to have an alternative in mind if the temperature really plummets. Can anyone recommend a cheap and nice B and B? There doesn't seem to be a youth hostel as far as I can make out.

Also, I will want an overnight stop probably at Bergues, in reach of the ferry from Dunkirk next day. I haven't found a campsite near there but anyway the same as above applies, that I may need an alternative in case of really cold nights. Can anyone recommend B and Bs in Bergues or somewhere en route to Dunkirk?

Thanks,
JJF

Re: Accomodation Ypres, Bergues, Dunkirk

Post by JJF »

About a fortnight ago my partner and I stayed in a small hotel in Grande Synthe, a suburb of Dunkirk. We found it very satisfactory.
Called "Best Hotel", about 6 miles from the ferry port. It cost 62 euro inc buffet breakfast. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. En suite loo and shower.
Bikes were kept in a locked outbuilding.

A few years ago we stayed in a B&B like a small chateau (with moat) in Bourbourg. I can't recall the details other than that it was OK.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

You could stay in Talbot House in Poperinge.
About €45. I expect that includes the normal €8 admission charge (it's also a museum).
b1galus

Post by b1galus »

at the camp site in ypres there are chalets you can use
Willows

Post by Willows »

Bergues: Chambres d'hôtes Les Capucins - excellent!