Motorcyclist knocks down cyclist - video

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
TonyR

Motorcyclist knocks down cyclist - video

Post by TonyR »

Couldn't find a thread discussing this motorcyclist's actions so apologies if I've missed it. Police weren't much better than the motorcyclist but if you know the cyclist they might like to know about the video evidence. The motorcyclist has been identified in other forums if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXYsjLsz78&sns=em
cjchambers

Re: How dumb do you have to be?

Post by cjchambers »

I don't have a crystal ball, but I could see what was going to happen from the very first frame. And then to post it on Youtube?! Completely ridiculous from start to finish.
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

I can't think of a more obvious case of dangerous driving (riding?). No opportunity for blaming blinding sun or not being able to see the cyclist or the cyclist weaving or anything else. I assume a prosecution is in progress?
downfader

Post by downfader »

Bicycler wrote:I can't think of a more obvious case of dangerous driving (riding?). No opportunity for blaming blinding sun or not being able to see the cyclist or the cyclist weaving or anything else. I assume a prosecution is in progress?

I understand that the Met have been notified about the incident and the evidence. Doesnt mean they'll do anything, however - like many forces there is a history of apathy towards riders (one local rider here raised concerns and was told "get off and walk, its safer" by local officers)
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

That such stupid things happen doesn't surprise me, I see them all the time.

What really rubs me up is the fact the guy thinks he's in the right - even after he's watched the video! So much so he posts it no doubt expecting the cyclist to be roundly condemned by his peers!
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

The Ducati Dragons forum is a good read though, looks like he gets a new one ripped...

http://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstrada/663-ducati-dragons-s-youtube-channel-2.html
downfader

Post by downfader »

kwackers wrote:The Ducati Dragons forum is a good read though, looks like he gets a new one ripped...

http://hyperstrada.com/ducati-hyperstrada/663-ducati-dragons-s-youtube-channel-2.html

..and Twitter, and Reddit.. and youtube... he's deleted most of his online presence, including his business. Much of which was amusingly discussed on Cyclechat. Not only was he dumb enough to post the video, he was also dumb enough to post details of his identity.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

It appears he's done it before, about a year ago:

"I'm going through a compensation scam at the moment. I cyclist claimed I hit them from the rear on the road when they fell on their own in front if me.

As I never collided with this person I left the "scene" I got a letter from the police accusing me of dangerous driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

After a few months of stress sorting this out the police went no further as there was no evidence. I thought that it was all over until my insurance company received a letter 7 months later claiming I had collided with this cyclist.

I'm waiting to hear the outcome. This was some young Arab [rude word removed] in marylebone high street, the guy was on the phone at the time on his push bike.

So I know how this guy must be feeling."
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

what an absolute skank, the piece of vermin needs a lesson, the PC was completely useless as well. Hopefully this is going to be an assault charge as well as dangerous driving because this {self enforced rude word removed} deliberately drove into the cyclist. I hope karma comes around and beats this muppet hard enough so he's unable to ever be in charge of a motorised vehicle again :twisted:

No doubt the Met (whose record on this sort of thing is dreaful) will see it differently and do nack-all and put blame onto the cyclist.. :roll:
beardy

Post by beardy »

The MET will act.

If and only if, this video appears on the mainstream press.

So I am just bumping the thread to the top again. :mrgreen:
downfader

Post by downfader »

beardy wrote:The MET will act.

If and only if, this video appears on the mainstream press.

So I am just bumping the thread to the top again. :mrgreen:

It needs people to contact the press newsdesks with all the evidence, plus copies of the video and screen grabs of his comments. If enough people contact them they have published things before: the Guardian and Indi, and later The Times covered the Emma Way situation because of this interest. Also a number of peeps got in contact with journos via twitter and gave them the run down.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Well as both a motorcyclist and cyclist I am appalled to see what happened in this video.
I don't care whether the cyclist was in the wrong position or not the motorcyclist had no justification whatsoever of riding into the cyclist.
IMO looking at the video it was a deliberate action by the motorcyclist and also in my opinion should be used in evidence against him in a court of law.
And if he is found guilty he should be made to take his motorcycle test again because how he is riding at the moment he is a danger to the general public and other road users.
The irony of this whole incident is that probably the motorcyclist first experiences of two wheels were on a bicycle.
pliptrot

Post by pliptrot »

Anyone else astonished at the conduct, judgement and behaviour of the WPC in the video? That's the most worrying thing of all - a cyclist is knocked off by another road user and the WPC appears to have no interest at all in establishing the facts of the matter or what the resolution will be. I infer that she has the same, odd prejudice against cyclists as the motorcyclist so clearly demonstrates.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

hondated wrote:And if he is found guilty he should be made to take his motorcycle test again because how he is riding at the moment he is a danger to the general public and other road users.

The trouble with this s that I am quite sure the guy is quite capable of moderating his behaviour and riding sensibly for the duration of a test re-take. I think his "issues" are at a deeper level than ability to control the bike.

Ian
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

pliptrot wrote:Anyone else astonished at the conduct, judgement and behaviour of the WPC in the video?

Yes. Was she a WPC or one of those "hobby bobby" thingys? Either way, no impressive and should also be "reviewed" by the Police with a view to some additional training.

Ian