BikeHike in France

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Hackfall

BikeHike in France

Post by Hackfall »

Hi does anyone have experience of this? I have created a route for my holiday as I won't have internet access over there. Bikehike does not have elevation information and no course points get added. Is this normal? Not such a big deal as on my Garmin I will just use the squiggly line screen that shows me upcoming turns and bends, that will get me by. But interested if others have experienced this?
monxton

Re: BikeHike in France

Post by monxton »

Hackfall wrote:Hi does anyone have experience of this? I have created a route for my holiday as I won't have internet access over there. Bikehike does not have elevation information and no course points get added. Is this normal? Not such a big deal as on my Garmin I will just use the squiggly line screen that shows me upcoming turns and bends, that will get me by. But interested if others have experienced this?

I think there is supposed to be elevation data outside the UK, but it uses GeoNames which is a very intermittent service. He has some more dependable source of elevation data within the UK. See http://www.bikehike.co.uk/faq.php#R3.

The missing course points >sounds< like human error. BikeHike adds coursepoints if you have Options->CoursePointMode=Auto, which is not the default mode. Is that the problem?