Hotels in Bordeaux

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mnichols

Hotels in Bordeaux

Post by mnichols »

Does anyone know of a hotel or B&B in Bordeaux where they will organize a bike box (get a cardboard box from the bike shop) and airport transfers?
RickH

Re: Hotels in Bordeaux

Post by RickH »

mnichols wrote:Does anyone know of a hotel or B&B in Bordeaux where they will organize a bike box (get a cardboard box from the bike shop) and airport transfers?

Between the Airport & Gare Saint-Jean there is a the Navette Shuttle that will take you between the two for €7.20 (takes about 1/2 hour).

2 hotels I have stayed at near the station are:-
  • All Seasons on Rue de Tauzia (pretty much opposite the station) &
  • Ibis on Quai de Paludate (about 400m from the station near the river - I dragged a bike in a cardboard box between there & the station OK without damaging either myself or the bike).

Both of them seemed OK with bikes. I was at All Seasons with a group & we had use of a room as an impromptu workshop to get bikes ready to go. At the Ibis it was just me & my bike in a box but they were happy to store it in a locked room for me. I don't know if either could organise a bike box but...

...A Google search gives various bike shops including Holland Bikes just along the Rue de Tauzia from the All Seasons. They might be able to sort you a box, especially if you contact them in advance.

Rick.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mnichols

Re: Hotels in Bordeaux

Post by mnichols »

Thank Rick