Trivets Rides

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mw3230

Trivets Rides

Post by mw3230 »

I'm thinking of taking part in one or more of the forthcoming Trivets events. Has anyone done them before? Any info or advice?

Thanks
Retired and loving it
Si

Re: Trivets Rides

Post by Si »

No, but it had me scratching my head trying to work out what a "trivet" was - was it some kind of triple rivet? Then it dawned, you mean Tri-Vets! Sorry, I'm having a slow day :oops:
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Si wrote:No, but it had me scratching my head trying to work out what a "trivet" was - was it some kind of triple rivet? Then it dawned, you mean Tri-Vets! Sorry, I'm having a slow day :oops:

That makes two of us! I thought a trivet was a thing in a pressure cooker :oops: lookout google!

Malc

had a quick look it apears an American thing in New Jersey? have we got somthing similar over here, there is the Help for Hero's ?

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

2010 Tri-Vets rides.

Try www.ctc.org.uk/trivets from where you can down load a registration form.

They are 100miles 'century rides' organised by CTC throughout June and the odd one in July I believe. Exclusively for veterans over 50yrs old.

Allotted time limit for the ride is 12hours.

I know that the Teesside DA to which I belong are organising one.
MLJ

Post by MLJ »

Most 'TriVets' rides operate on a lead group system, with arranged stops. They are held every three years for veteran riders, ie over 50s. Usually a relaxed ride, with speeds held down to suit the refreshments stops, particularly when organised by, eg Brentwood (Essex), which uses the same hall for all groups and all stops, so that each group has a specific time for refreshments! As they are intended for older riders, a 12 hour limit applies. On various rides I have done, the oldest rider has been up to 87 years old. Usually the eldest group goes first, the youngest last, finishing for the tea and certificates at the end at 8pm, after an 8+am start. Good fun, and enjoyable.
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

Thanks for the info and apologies for not making myself clear
:oops:
Retired and loving it