Whiskers

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Reece

Whiskers

Post by Reece »

Does anyone know if Whiskers of Goffs Oak, Herts. are still trading, regards Reece.
mw3230

Re: Whiskers

Post by mw3230 »

Google it - several hits!
Retired and loving it
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

J D Whisker Racing Cycles Ltd 01707 875448
684a Goffs Lane, Goffs Oak, Waltham Cross, EN7 5ET

Cannot say if their stock is still their gimmick. :|
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Not like wot they woz.

Back in the Good Old Days, they were the place to get your stuff from, especially Campag. In those days, it was Mail Order and they were all over the magazines with adverts to drool over, but nowadays, we never hear from them.
Mick F. Cornwall
nomisp

Post by nomisp »

According to a web site I was looking at a couple of months ago , Whiskers had relocated to Welwyn Garden City, somewhere near the town center. nomisp
Raph

Post by Raph »

I remember when they had a shop in Willesden Lane, north London - a classic bit of an old tip, but always superbly stocked with campag spares, every nut and bolt and spring, in the days when it was possible to repair things (says this nostalgic old fogie). I used to work at Beta Bikes up West End Lane but Whisker was cheaper than Beta Bikes prices even after a staff discount. And the bloke that ran it - (Alan Ephgrave IIRR?) was always ultra dry and seemingly humourless but underneath it all he was a superb guy.

When the shop closed for good I was heartbroken - the Goff's Oak shop was spotlessly clean in comparison, nice carpet, no character!

Glad to know they're still going. It's a shame they don't do a website - keeping up with the latest was never their style.
CPeachey

Post by CPeachey »

They have closed the Goffs Oak shop and gone to Welwyn Garden City (where there warehouse is) Don't know the address so try phoning.
Chris
SilverBadge

Post by SilverBadge »

CPeachey wrote:They have closed the Goffs Oak shop and gone to Welwyn Garden City (where there warehouse is) Don't know the address so try phoning.
Chris

From a different forum, less than two months ago

"They are on Brownfields industrial estate. I knew that but took 2 visits to find them! They are just 50 yards up on the right hand side before the Saab garage, A4 sheet in the window will identify them. They are open Tuesday Thursday and Saturday(1st and 3rd of the month)

J.D Whisker Ltd Cycle Shops & Repairs
Tel: 01707 324528| 16-24, Brownfields, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1BA"

If ever a shop needed a website it is this one. And "not as good as the Whiskers of old" is still better than the vast majority.