Aventura gps devices

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jdsk

Re: Aventura gps devices

Post by Jdsk »

Mtb tourer wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 5:40pm I see that the speed is zero, has the phone been sitting for a while and obtained an accurate position . Phone looses out when its asked to route find all day long. Phone is ok if it's only for 1/2 a day , more than that you will need a power pack.
The responses that you received were in response to your specific question about accuracy of smart 'phones.

Of course there are multiple other factors affecting the choice of smart 'phone or a dedicated device. This is discussed extensively in previous threads.

Jonathan
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mtb tourer wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 5:40pm I see that the speed is zero, has the phone been sitting for a while and obtained an accurate position .
Mine took about 20s. This could vary with location, as with a dedicated GPS device.

Jonathan
Mtb tourer

Post by Mtb tourer »

Phoned may be better today , used to do a winter tour in Andalusia over Xmass and new year holidays.
We all used to use Strava 's check elevation button,as it made the climbing looks better.😲
Back then most Spanish cyclists were using the phone for Strava.
Your metres climbing always increased by Hundreds of metres as Strava done an average of all the rides climbing.
They reckoned that the phone had a tendancy to drift all over the place, a few yards each way and elevation went crazy up in the Sierra Navada roads.🫣