Advice on Accident

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cowsham

Re: Advice on Accident

Post by Cowsham »

I think they've realised the answer to the question is obvious assuming the OP hit the back of the bus with the bicycle not stopping in time.

The other possible is that the OP was offended by an advertising poster ( on the back of the bus ) got off the bike and started whanging into it with a bicycle pump. He/she may have a case there.

The bus stopped -- it could've been because a child from the school walked in front of it or it maybe legal for a bus to stop on a double yellow or it maybe legal when there's disabled on board or the driver just stopped because he wanted to -- it still doesn't matter a jot.
I am here. Where are you?
Valbrona

Re: Advice on Accident

Post by Valbrona »

If a claim at a County Court is ever likely to run into 'many thousands', well then the advice of one (or more) contributors to this thread of consulting a lawyer might have been good advice. But common sense would suggest we are talking in terms of a dent dinking out and a respray.

Having a County Court Judgement against you can be bad. It can affect your financial standing, and then if you can't pay you can get the bailiffs turn up. Reaching an out of court agreement where you maybe foot the garage bill might be a better option.
I should coco.