The Striesland Effect

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
ncutler

The Striesland Effect

Post by ncutler »

Article in Road.cc. A cyclist posted a video of a close pass by a van belonging to Cornices Centre and the company threatened legal action regarding the use of their 'trade mark'.

A: This is daft
B: They have received far more (bad) publicity from the legal threat than they would have received from the close pass

See: https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-th ... lip-305935

If you don't recall the Streisland Effect: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Streisand-effect
No pasaran
Jdsk

Re: The Streisland Effect

Post by Jdsk »

Yes x2.

Jonathan
PH

Re: The Streisland Effect

Post by PH »

There's a saying that all publicity is good publicity, the director has certainly brought his company's name to a greater audience.
The above idea does rely on getting the name right, so the thread title fails on that one...
Valbrona

Re: The Striesland Effect

Post by Valbrona »

I can't imagine any lawyer stupid enough to take on what would be a 'copyright case' in repsect of this story. I can't image any lawyer stupid enough to go issuing a cease and desist type of letter, even.
I should coco.
peetee

Re: The Striesland Effect

Post by peetee »

A lot of tradesmen exhibit laddish behaviour behind the wheel. A large amount of tradesmen get work contracts from other tradesmen. A bit of anti-cyclist behaviour might make them enemies to us but might just cement them as 'good blokes' to their peers.
The highway code changes have tipped the scales slightly more in our favour but, dont discount the possibility that, in the minds of some drivers at least, it might just have created the idea that we are even more of a nuisance now.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.