Secure Bike parking in Nice

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
LukeCrawley

Secure Bike parking in Nice

Post by LukeCrawley »

I would like to be able to park my bike securely (i.e. indoors under lock and key) in Nice over the weekend of September 16th/17th. Anyone any experience of the left luggage at the main station? Or any other possible solutions? I don’t want to leave the bike locked up in a bike park which appears to be what is offered by SNCF. Any suggestions or info gratefully received and thanks in advance.
simonhill

Re: Secure Bike parking in Nice

Post by simonhill »

Are you staying in a hotel before or after (preferably both).

If it's not a rude question, where will you be? This may help for people to answer.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

I’d leave it wherever you stay the previous night- find an accommodating warm showers host or a nice b and b/hotel/camping with plenty of cycle parking.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

I tried leaving a bike in the locker facility at the station in Nice - not allowed.
I notice that many stations in France have a cycle lock up now but I think you have to register.
The airport isn't far - maybe?
Probably not a good place to leave a bike unattended.
LukeCrawley

Post by LukeCrawley »

Thanks to all who have replied.

I will be trying to persuade the place where I am staying to let me leave my bike there during the day as I have a train to Paris in the evening. If that doesn't work I'll just have to cycle around Nice and environs so no great hardship.

Thanks again.
Angstrom

Post by Angstrom »

Have you tried with Warmshower hosts?
"A cycle tourist doesn't have a track record. Simply memories". Jean Taboureau
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

LukeCrawley wrote: 3 Jul 2023, 1:52pm Thanks to all who have replied.

I will be trying to persuade the place where I am staying to let me leave my bike there during the day as I have a train to Paris in the evening. If that doesn't work I'll just have to cycle around Nice and environs so no great hardship.

Thanks again.
Double check that the hotel will be open when you want to pick up the bike. Some smaller places have a fairly late check in time, with longer staying residents having card key access.
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I haven't been in Nice for about 6 years so things could have changed. In a street somewhere near the station, opposite the main entrance, there is a bike shop with friendly staff. If it is still there I would imagine they would let you leave your bike there for a few hours. I have tried to find it on Google but so far with no luck.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".