Coed Y Brenin

Anything specific to off-road riding.

Coed Y Brenin

Postby AaronR » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:51 pm

As per the title - should have just put a full stop after it!

Just got back from a weeks family holiday in North Wales, made even better by my youngest (5yo) shedding her stabilisers three weeks ago

We all did the Yr Afon trail (nearly 8 miles of traffic free forestry track), then later in the week I did the Minotaur trail with my lad (5.5 miles of whoop and holler, loads of berms, jumps and switchback climbs/descents) and to finish the week off I hired my lad a 24" wheeled bike as an upgrade to his 20" and this morning we did the Fox trail - 8 miles of mean, mean mixed terrain narrow single track

Even the practice/skills section and free ride area is worth going for

Can't recommend the place enough - can now happily take the knobblies off my my bike and put commuter tyres on it ready for my JOGLE trip next year having given it the chance to see what an MTB is capable of it it now being modified into a tourer (did get a few funny looks going round with pannier frames on and bags on the back, the guy in the hire shop was eyeing it up as a classic, and looked thoroughly disgusted when I told him what I'd paid for it!)

Anyhoo - might be my first and last post in the MTB section, but if anyone is planning a trip to Coed Y Brenin and wants to save themselves the £5 a day parking I'll happily point out on a road map where you can park for free and get straight on to the trails :)
AaronR

Return to Mountain Biking