Fat bike day....against Storm Desmond

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
ansell007

Fat bike day....against Storm Desmond

Post by ansell007 »

For those not so fat wheels who did not know. Last Saturday was Global Fat bike day and was all set to go to Newborough (North Wales). Sadly it was on the same day as a pretty terrible storm with gale force winds and heavy rain but we decided to go for it. On the way we say flooded roads and going across the bridge into Anglesey with strong winds was quite scary...But the weather there was terrible and trying to do a video proved tough work but was a great day and still getting sand out of my eyes now. So now I know that I can go out in all weather lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUB_1giHLe4
Heltor Chasca

Re: Fat bike day....against Storm Desmond

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Oh the sand and the salt! I guess that's what fat bikes are for. Great epic music on the vid. Thanks. Was that a juvenile buzzard? Waterlogged feathers?
ansell007

Post by ansell007 »

Heltor Chasca wrote:Oh the sand and the salt! I guess that's what fat bikes are for. Great epic music on the vid. Thanks. Was that a juvenile buzzard? Waterlogged feathers?

Yeah I had to give it a good clean when I got home but as you say that is what they are for so as long as you wash it off its normally ok. Yeah I typed in Dramatic music and found the song and thought it fitted lol. I am not sure what type of bird it was but was guessing a buzzard ...He was very waterlogged poor fella I tryed to dry him a bit but he did not take kindly to it so had to leave him where he was and hoped he went further into the woods to dry out.
AJ101

Post by AJ101 »

Impressive mate, love the beach riding and the bird at the end!
ansell007

Post by ansell007 »

AJ101 wrote:Impressive mate, love the beach riding and the bird at the end!

Thanks was a epic and tough day. Yeah the bird was slightly waterlogged but hopefully dried out. Glad you enjoyed