MTB C2C Ravenglass - Ravenscar

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
d.materna

Post by d.materna »

Hi all i am looking into doing the MTB Coast to coast trip from Ravenglass to Ravenscar and am looking for any travel information that anyone has experienced. me and 2 friends will be travelling from Sheffield to raven glass and Ravenscar to sheffield. I have looked into trains and they are around £60 per person each way and although there is no charge for taking the bikes they only allow a certain amount on at one time and its a first come first served basis. as there are 3 of us i don't want to risk not all getting the same train so I'm hoping that someone can help with any suggestions/advice.
cycleruk

Re: MTB C2C Ravenglass - Ravenscar

Post by cycleruk »

Friend or man in a van hire?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Mattyfez

Post by Mattyfez »

I've not hired a van for a good few years, but I think I paid about £150 for a long weekend for a great big Peugeot hdi, think tranny Van but a bit bigger, seats 3in the front.

Might be worth looking into. Remember to factor in the diesel cost.

Edit, didn't read the OP was going coast to coast!
kkmtbomb

Post by kkmtbomb »

Do you guys have a gpx of the route. I'd like to try it myself in the next few months. I did half of the wales coast to coast yesterday, before being taken away in an ambulance :)
d.materna

Post by d.materna »

Sorry for the delayed reply here is the website I found the ride on, there is a gpx file of the whole route and also each individual section, would you please let me know what it's like?

http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/mtb-c2c

Hope you ok after your trip in the ambulance
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I see it covers many classic off road routes along the way. Should be quite a challenge to but a lot if fun. I've swore never to do the Garburn pass again but there again I've never done it W to E. It's one long push from the east.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
davekitch

Post by davekitch »

Ive started organising Ravenglass to Ravenscar later this year with 4 or 5 others over 5 days, I'm going to have a couple of guys to follow us along the route in a 9 seater combi van as safety and to carry our gear. Has anyone rode this route before, and any areas to avoid?
Is it just me or does the .Gpx file on pedal north not work?
Cheers,
dave