Hurry to the M&S web site!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
GrumpyGit

Hurry to the M&S web site!

Post by GrumpyGit »

I couldn't choose a suitable section for this so I've put it here for now, if the mods need to move it that's up to them.

M&S are selling their cycling chinos for £10.99 - £11.99 online only.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-r ... /p22276661

They look like they should be OK to wear when I want to look presentable but can't (or don't want to) change after cycling to the destination so I've ordered two (one of each colour)! :D

FYI: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=85212
Derek - The enlightened petrolhead ;)
gaz

Re: Hurry to the M&S web site!

Post by gaz »

Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered a couple of pairs to see if I like them.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

Nice one, ordered a blue pair, collecting wednesday, hoping they are big enough in the thighs as stuff like that is normally a problem for me :(
Extra 2% 'cashback' for orders over £50 thru topcashback on M&S orders.
irc

Post by irc »

THanks for heads up. Two pairs in different sizes ordered. best fitting pair to be kept.
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

I'll give them a go. ordered two of each colour in 34 and 36 waist to check fit. I sometimes find 34s a bit tight and then sometimes 36s can be bit baggy. I plan to pick up from Southampton west key store on Thursday after work if anyone wants to come along and try/buy the size I don't go for.
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

are they in the shops to try on ?
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

For info, I have a couple of pairs of these.

Very comfy (slightly stretchy), well worth that price. I bought when they were slightly higher price (about £18 I think), and thought that was very reasonable. The original price was something like £45.

If you order and have them delivered to a local store and don't like them , then you can get your money back there and then.

Nice 'bike' detail on them, such as popper button to tighten cuff up to keep from chain. Reflective flap on back pockets.
But these are very wearable off the bike too, smart in a utilitarian sort of way.

You can't go wrong at that price. 5 stars!

EDIT-I didn't realise there was the link up top to the original thread , where I wax on about them at length there too...(I don't work for M&S and have no affiliation with them)
GrumpyGit

Post by GrumpyGit »

greyingbeard wrote:are they in the shops to try on ?

The way they've reduced the price it looks like an end of line clearance and the offer is "online only" so I doubt you'd find them in the shops.
Derek - The enlightened petrolhead ;)
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Bargain, thanks!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Si

Post by Si »

ordered two pairs so one ought to fit....what to do with the other - return it or, if as mentioned: it's end of line, stick it on ebay so that it pays for the both :lol:
hondated

Post by hondated »

GrumpyGit wrote:I couldn't choose a suitable section for this so I've put it here for now, if the mods need to move it that's up to them.

M&S are selling their cycling chinos for £10.99 - £11.99 online only.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-r ... /p22276661

They look like they should be OK to wear when I want to look presentable but can't (or don't want to) change after cycling to the destination so I've ordered two (one of each colour)! :D

FYI: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=85212

Thanks GG I didn't know that I needed them until you posted.
I love a bargain and I will now be one of the smartest cyclists in this area when I get them.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Just popped in from gardening and saw this post. That turned out to be an expensive cup of tea!
Two pairs ordered and probably a good idea I didn't have a biscuit with my cuppa, as I've gone for my traditional size 34". :lol:
Nice work GG, shame you're not on commission.

fausto.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

And another pair ordered here! I don't have an obvious regular use for them, but at that price....... :D Thanks GG.
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Thanks from me as well, the joys of the forum :-)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

I was almost tempted to go for a 40" waist in the vain hope that the legs would be big enough but thought one size up and a 38" might be okay. Worst case I'll hand them back and order the next size up if they are evenly remotely too snug for the 'guns' :lol: