Road Rage as Performance Art

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Mistik-ka

Road Rage as Performance Art

Post by Mistik-ka »

I'm amazed I haven't noticed this video posted here, since it went up on Youtube July 31, but Mrs. M-k found it posted on an arts blog:

http://www.vice.com/read/a-brief-overanalysis-of-that-road-rage-video-where-that-guy-smashes-his-face-on-a-pavement-606?utm_source=vicefbus

and indeed the artistic analysis is a lovely bit of writing and should not be missed. (Strong language warning for both the article and the video … but trust me — it's worth it.)

I don't usually immerse myself in videos of people behaving badly — they just make me gloomy. This one, however, is in a class by itself. Although there is a deep underlying sadness to all incidents of road rage, there is something life-affirming and joyous to this video. Mrs. M-k and I sat side by side watching it, cheering at the end — glad we ride bicycles, firmly convinced that justice can prevail and that there is a God after all :D
reohn2

Re: Road Rage as Performance Art

Post by reohn2 »

Forgive me Oh thou great Jehovah,but I can't help myself!

The article itself is ART and the following is High(comedic) art....
Man on pavement 2015

and
The YouTube comments on this—and much of the discussion in general, really, since it went viral—are focused on deciding who is right and who is wrong, breaking this road rage incident down into a simple good vs. evil, bikes vs. cars campaign.

But to focus on that is to take away from the true heart of this video, and that is that it is the most beautiful thing any recent generation has ever produced

Are priceless!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden