Car in bike lane gets moved by cyclist

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
maxcherry

Car in bike lane gets moved by cyclist

Post by maxcherry »

[youtube]luNGjffDjCs[/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/guy ... 3f9d1a48e2?

I see nothing wrong with this :lol:
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
kwackers

Re: Car in bike lane gets moved by cyclist

Post by kwackers »

Cycling near Trafford Park this evening I spotted a lorry parked up on a shared bike/ped path completely blocking it (and by lorry I mean an artic with trailer!).
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I suspect that this stunt may have been staged - seeing as the (Portuguese) caption translates as "the strongest man in the world". To my mind, I wouldn't make much fuss about a vehicle parked in a cycle lane: chances are I'd not be using it anyway!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
broadway

Post by broadway »

If it was a stunt I would expect a more profession film. The other explanation could be that the cyclist had already moved the car off the road and this was the final lift, hence the number of spectators.
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

kwackers wrote:Cycling near Trafford Park this evening I spotted a lorry parked up on a shared bike/ped path completely blocking it (and by lorry I mean an artic with trailer!).

I see that sort of thing every day. There's a cycle lane marked on the road I can see from my office window, and because there are no buildings directly adjacent to it there everyone and their granny seems to think it's OK to park there while they check their map/phone/lunchbox/whatever.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Picking up and moving small cars where the handbrake only held the rear wheels was a favourite sixth-form prank, but it used to take more than one person.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Of course, this little chap had no problems...
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
irc

Post by irc »

broadway wrote:If it was a stunt I would expect a more profession film. The other explanation could be that the cyclist had already moved the car off the road and this was the final lift, hence the number of spectators.

The video only captures the end of a sequence. You can see the bumper from the car already lying on the ground. If it was a stunt I think they would have made sure the car being moved didn't damage to other parked car like this one did. Just an idiot showing off. Damaging 2 cars is a bit of an over-reaction.
TimP

Post by TimP »

kwackers wrote:Cycling near Trafford Park this evening I spotted a lorry parked up on a shared bike/ped path completely blocking it (and by lorry I mean an artic with trailer!).

Hope you moved it like in the video :lol: :D :lol:
TimP

Post by TimP »

mjr wrote:Picking up and moving small cars where the handbrake only held the rear wheels was a favourite sixth-form prank, but it used to take more than one person.

I remember way back as a student we picked up a Citroen and put it between 2 large concrete bollards - only about 2mm from front and rear bumpers to the bollards so no possibility of manoeuvring out as a driver. Those around were all in on it so it cost the driver quite a number of drinks to get it carried out again. (3 people to put it in but "needed" 10 to get it out again (so 10 drinks)

We were outdone by another faculty where they carried a car away from where it had been illegally parked - down steps into an underpass. I never did see how the owner got that back out.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

When my dad was at agricultural college the students drove a tractor into one of the buildings, it would only just fit with the wheels fitted one way around, they were dished, they then jacked it up and put the wheels on the other way, making it significantly wider, took the staff a few goes to realise how they'd got it in there.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

At Scout camp we hid the scoutmaster's Reliant in a cottage tent. It was a very snug fit but what made it hard to find was that we had to take out the vertical pole in the entrance to get it in, and then replace it.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

My father in law hid a tank in the middle of a grass field, helicopters were looking for it on a training exercise, he drove it into some trees, then reversed back to the middle of the field into a slight hollow, camouflaged it, including fake track marks over the top so the helicopters were convinced it was hidden in the trees.