Keep You Distamce

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Jughead

Keep You Distamce

Post by Jughead »

Drivers getting to close must be the most commom complaint on roads. I applaud the recent advert about space for cycling and even someone refered to the advert the last time I was knocked off. Given todays technology there must be something to ward off drivers about close passing without the need of prosecution?
Jughead

Re: Keep You Distamce

Post by Jughead »

Sorry for the crap spelling and replying to my own post. I'm of the taking a hammer brigade. Wiling to listen to sensible suggestions.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Where on the road do you cycle?

Primary/secondary/gutter?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jughead wrote:Drivers getting to close must be the most commom complaint on roads. I applaud the recent advert about space for cycling and even someone refered to the advert the last time I was knocked off. Given todays technology there must be something to ward off drivers about close passing without the need of prosecution?

A Bazooka perhaps?
These people know what they're doing and are taking advantage of a non existent police force and being so stretched as to be completely ineffectual in any real sense toward criminals on our roads.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

I had a very unsettling one today. On a dual carriageway (the Avenue in Southampton) and a black car speeds up to overtake me but pulls alongside matches my speed and starts edging towards me. They had a clear lane in front of them so could have carried on at anytime but chose to be deliberately intimidating. This carried on until we got to the roundabout and fortunately went in different directions. Oh and I was driving a car doing 40 in a 40 limit - sadly I didn't get a reg number to be able to report it but this is the sort of behaviour that someone should get a driving ban for and a psyche evaluation.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Accidental near passes happen. But I think I speak for just about every cyclist when I say the deliberate near passes, the ones designed to intimidate and scare, and the so-called 'punishment passes', are a very worrying aspect of riding a bike on the UK's roads.
I should coco.