Councillor Gives What For..Two Injured...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
My stomping ground on Monday, thankfully its normally quite.
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/l ... story.html
Councillor James Atkinson.
Councillor James Atkinson.

Another cyclist at a different incident has received life changing injuries..... :(
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/C ... story.html
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mjr

Re: Councillor Gives What For..Two Injured...

Post by mjr »

Did anything replace the council Standards Board? I assume there will be some repercussions of acting in a manner unworthy of a councillor?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
As Councillors cannot be sacked in my neck of the woods (I think) he will go unpunished.
Police are dealing with the incident, that's all I know at the moment.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

There was another little intersting snippet at the bottom of that article Jonathan tiernan locke given a driving ban for drink driving.
NUKe

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Can we ask for groups of cars not to get too big, so we can get past in town. I see rows upon rows of them blocking the roads every day, not even moving.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I think every one has misunderstood James Atkinson - All he was doing was pointing out that there was a cyclist on the roof of his car and wondering how he got there?
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
NUKe wrote:There was another little intersting snippet at the bottom of that article Jonathan tiernan locke given a driving ban for drink driving.

Noticed that, He is not having a good time, but many profiled by the media seem to think it does not affect their chances of sponsorship or their reputation.
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Lovely guy! Councillor, what a joke. Interesting, some of the comments on various sites surprised at his behaviour, wonder why anyone would think that being a councillor would make him any less of an buttock-orifice!!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Is that one of those silly one-fingered gestures, the type that well-adjusted people never do?
I should coco.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Phil Fouracre wrote:Lovely guy! Councillor, what a joke. Interesting, some of the comments on various sites surprised at his behaviour, wonder why anyone would think that being a councillor would make him any less of an <i>[rude word removed]</i>!!

Quite. Years ago I worked for a local councillor in order to complete a landscaping project where the first contractor had walked off site. He claimed he had no idea why. In a short time I found out why. He was the most controlling, insecure, self righteous, arrogant and rude little toad I've had the pleasure of working for. His wife was openly embarrassed by his behaviour and seemed to be a broken spirited woman.

I completed the project. Then a few years later when I was asked to do further work I declined with my own rhetorical two fingered salute. And he was at a loss as to why. Totally blind to his demeanour and actions (and the fact he was morbidly obese and needed to address his lifestyle habits)
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

'Nowt so queer as folk'. One of reasons I try to avoid serious conflict when out riding, you really never know quite what you might be dealing with. Too late when you've wound up a psychopath in a two ton weapon, odds not good in your favour
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Last time I had one of those, I caught up with the guy in a traffic queue a few minutes later

"Thank you for offering to perform a sexual service, however if your love-making is as selfish as your driving, I doubt it would be a pleasurable experience, so I will have to decline the offer"

Left the driver totally bemused and the two passengers smirking
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

Rather too much being made of the 'councillor' status. He's a parish councillor. With the greatest of respect to worthy parish councils, their responsibilities are minimal, with budgets to match: not extending much beyond the maintenance of allotments and the occasional local cemetery or football pitch. We're not talking about somebody who can influence a multi-million budget, as might be the case with a District or County councillor.
mjr

Post by mjr »

It depends. Some parishes do very little. Others run theatres and wedding venues and more. In any case, there's still a code of behaviour that councillors are meant to uphold. It used to be the standards board which judged cases but I think that was abolished around the time I retired from council and I don't know what the new setup is.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Our Parish councillor also sits on local and reginal too, and he is very good, well known hard working bloke.

Interesting is the Bull Bar on the landy..................law is a bit open ended there......

I would of thought if history or has been in a accident with bare flesh then removed..................