Another shocking case of road rage: bus driver.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
661-Pete

Another shocking case of road rage: bus driver.

Post by 661-Pete »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/l ... 30946.html
Utterly appalling. This time the victim wasn't a cyclist, but it easily could have been one. Plenty of cyclists, now including myself, frequently carry cameras.

Luckily for me, most of the bus drivers in my area are decent and law-abiding. I wish that were true of all. And I hope this idiot gets her just desserts.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Another shocking case of road rage: bus driver.

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
When are the authorities going to get real on motorist leaving a vehicle to dish out their abuse on a completely innocent.

I guess that while there's bigger fish to fry we have no chance.

I keep telling myself that I will not bite, so when a white van man came around on the wrong side of road using a hand held I kept calm but I cant say next time.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Someone who does something like that usually has some kind of 'past form' making her unsuitable for such a responsible position of employment in the first place.
I should coco.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Valbrona wrote:Someone who does something like that usually has some kind of 'past form' making her unsuitable for such a responsible position of employment in the first place.

+1
Yes so they will never work in that environment again..........we hope...............

After that who would employ them at all.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
aspiringcyclist

Post by aspiringcyclist »

Ironically she attacked someone, while being filmed, because she wanted them to delete footage of the bus she was driving running a red light. No doubt the former will go viral while the latter would go unnoticed.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:After that who would employ them at all.

Some would:

Dennis Putz, 51, was over the legal drink-drive limit when he hit City public relations director Catriona Patel as he accelerated away from traffic lights outside Oval tube station in south London in June last year.

Putz has a series of criminal convictions for offences including drink-driving and has been caught 20 times driving an HGV while disqualified. He said the night before the accident he had drunk almost a gallon of Guinness.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/ ... t-hangover

Barry Meyer, aged 53 and of Aubrey Road, E17, pleaded guilty in April to causing the death of cyclist Alan Neve in July 2013 by careless driving and driving while uninsured and unlicensed.

Last month, Blackfriars Crown Court heard that Meyer, who had been banned from driving five times and had two previous convictions for drunk driving, had jumped a red light as he tried to keep up with a colleague driving another truck in front of him.

http://road.cc/content/news/151692-tipp ... half-years