not safe even in bus lanes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mercalia

not safe even in bus lanes

Post by mercalia »

I was driving my motor bike back from work at about 25 mph along the motor cycle permmited bus lane in in Norbury high street London and this ****** driver in his silver fancy car in order to grab a parking space with out warning swerved in front of me, it was only the slow speed that saved me from a collision. Seems like not safe any where any more. Makes me wonder how some of these drivers ever pass the test and are allowed on the road. I only wish there had been a policeman around to book the guy for either dangerous driving or driving without due care. In a way I wish I had smashed his nice car as my bike weighs a ton and would have gone thru his passenger door like a knife thru butter. No wonder cyclists get run over when so called car drivers cant cope with much bigger objects.
beardy

Re: not safe even in bus lanes

Post by beardy »

Did you have a HiViz on? :wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

yes
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

They fooled an examiner for 20 minutes several decades ago...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
beardy

Post by beardy »

They may have been a good enough driver several decades ago but have "improved" their driving with experience.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

No-one is a good enough driver when they pass their test.

I know that I wasn't (and continued with parental lessons, progressing to "being tailed", for months afterwards.)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Its the dismissal of anything they pass - 'i've passed it so i can concentrate on something else now'! Its a complete lack of spatial awareness, something that isn't tested for on a motor vehicle test.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
[XAP]Bob wrote:No-one is a good enough driver when they pass their test.

I know that I wasn't (and continued with parental lessons, progressing to "being tailed", for months afterwards.)

We ever got tailed my mate would put his hand over the number plate, the "L" plate was too far down............... :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Tailed by my parents, external observation tests...
Bicycler

Post by Bicycler »

I knocked my wing mirror off first time reversing into the driveway :oops: :lol:
blackbike

Post by blackbike »

mercalia wrote:
Makes me wonder how some of these drivers ever pass the test and are allowed on the road.

Why?

They pass their tests because they are on their best behaviour for the examiner.

Once passed they resort to their normal, selfish behaviour which probably extends into all areas of their lives, not just their driving.

When so many people have driving licences it is only to be expected that most selfish and anti-social people have them too.