Angry Driver 18+

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
chris_suffolk

Re: Any other cyclists had to deal with this type of road ra

Post by chris_suffolk »

Long thread about this in the 'On the Road' section
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Angry Driver 18+

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi
redfacedbaldfatman wrote:My advice is not to watch it if you have blood pressure issues. I really can't see what the cyclist has done wrong, the 4x4 driver obviously has some serious anger management issues, he probably goes home to kick the cat. road.cc article says he was fined for a public order offence. How about using a 2 ton vehicle as a weapon?

http://road.cc/content/news/152934-vide ... blic-order

Disco's are 2.7 tonnes............................... :o
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
nez

Post by nez »

661-Pete wrote:
chris_suffolk wrote:Comments building on Tripadvisor too

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d1028089-Reviews-Brew-London_England.html#REVIEWS

Hopefully damage to his business will make him think a bit, his kind are often driven by money.

I would imagine those won't last long. Tripadvisor have a strict policy of only allowing comments about the food, service etc., and only from people who've actually patronised the place.

They are still there. Hilarious. Most of the commenters have managed to work in a comment about the food which suggests they'll stick. Matey will have cost himself thousands.
Last edited by nez on 3 Jun 2015, 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

nez dans le guidon wrote:I would imagine those won't last long. Tripadvisor have a strict policy of only allowing comments about the food, service etc., and only from people who've actually patronised the place.

Their still there. Hilarious. Most of the commenters have managed to work in a comment about the food which suggests they'll stick. Matey will have cost himself thousands.[/quote]

Even if you go back pre lunatic incident on TripAdvisor,the reviews are mostly only mediocre.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
rmurphy195

Re: Any other cyclists had to deal with this type of road ra

Post by rmurphy195 »

fastpedaller wrote:

They would probably just say "I HAD to overtake the cyclist" and that would be acceptable to the average motorist/magistrate!

Interestingly I had a "conversation2 with the driver of a patrol car on this very subject - he;d crowded me into the kerb on the approach to a mini-island.

After a quite civilised conversation he agreed that he didn't "have" to overtake me at all, he could have planned his approach differently to avoid the situation.

Shows the difference I think between those with a good attitude/training/brains and those without!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
danhopgood

Post by danhopgood »

I trust the new posts are all genuine reviews based on real experience. Posting false reviews hoping to destroy someone's reputation is another step towards the sewers.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

danhopgood wrote:I trust the new posts are all genuine reviews based on real experience. Posting false reviews hoping to destroy someone's reputation is another step towards the sewers.

Or you could say they were bringing his reputation to the attention of the diners? I'd want to know so I can at least attempt an ethical redistribution of any cash I was spending.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

Well, if anything posted up on TA is not to his taste, if he thinks he or his business are being libelled, he always has the remedy of taking it up with TA's Mods/Admins. I am still perplexed as to how a cafe owner posting up a picture of himself brandishing a meat cleaver, thinks he is doing anything to advance his business. Certainly looks far too Fawlty Towers for my taste. I wonder: if a group of cyclists were to set foot in his cafe, would the scene be something like this? :lol:
[youtube]yfl6Lu3xQW0[/youtube]
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
jezer

Post by jezer »

My most recent incident was last Saturday when returning from the club ride. A large black 4x4 overtook much too closely and then cut in. I raised my arm and shouted, as is my usual practice. He slammed on the brakes and wound down the passenger window, and as I drew up on his near side I heard the inevitable "is there a problem?" For some reason I kept my cool and replied quite calmly "I just want to let you know I felt really threatened by that manoeuvre, it was far too close. Please carry on and have a nice day". He said "was it?", no actual opology, but I think he was expecting verbal abuse and the polite response confused him. Strangely I felt much better afterwards, and hopefully he has learnt a lesson. I certainly have.
Power to the pedals
The fat commuter

Post by The fat commuter »

jezer wrote:My most recent incident was last Saturday when returning from the club ride. A large black 4x4 overtook much too closely and then cut in. I raised my arm and shouted, as is my usual practice. He slammed on the brakes and wound down the passenger window, and as I drew up on his near side I heard the inevitable "is there a problem?" For some reason I kept my cool and replied quite calmly "I just want to let you know I felt really threatened by that manoeuvre, it was far too close. Please carry on and have a nice day". He said "was it?", no actual opology, but I think he was expecting verbal abuse and the polite response confused him. Strangely I felt much better afterwards, and hopefully he has learnt a lesson. I certainly have.

Very good, he'll probably take more notice of that than a load of abusive language.

It's rare that I have confrontations with drivers but I'll have to try such self restraint for the inevitable next time.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

The fat commuter wrote:Very good, he'll probably take more notice of that than a load of abusive language.

It's rare that I have confrontations with drivers but I'll have to try such self restraint for the inevitable next time.

I was on foot at a pedestrian crossing waiting to cross and when the lights changed a van driver slowly rolled across the line and stopped completely blocking it (too busy looking at his phone).
As I walked around him I pointed back and said "'scuse me mate, the stop line is back there".
To which he screamed "so f*ng what? F* off you old c*"

Admittedly you could take my original comment as being a bit sarcastic - but even so... :wink:
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

for those occasions u wish u had a soft little parcel of brown stuff to pop in their window? :twisted:
nez

Post by nez »

He'll probably die young of apoplexy Kwackers