Scotrail Online Cycle Place Booking

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
lowrider

Scotrail Online Cycle Place Booking

Post by lowrider »

Is there any where to do this anymore you cant do this through the website anymore tried East East Coast no joy there either. Scotrail refer to a Telphone number on their website but this takes you to the national rail who cant or wont give you the information.

This is a major step backwards not impressed with Arriva at all looking like I may be driving this trip.
FarOeuf

Re: Scotrail Online Cycle Place Booking

Post by FarOeuf »

I had the same problem, and ended up going into a train station to book (Waverley) towards Oban. Maybe try and call a station direct, to book? you could also try their Twitter account, which seems to be quite responsive. Previously I bought tickets to Arbroath, but then couldn't get any space for the bike (and couldn't get my money back either)...
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

Try booking through first great western, think they allow bike bookings, they did recently but not checked if still current.

Doesn't matter that you're not using a FGW train BTW
lowrider

Post by lowrider »

Thanks for the replies I will try FGW
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I recently (2 weeks ago) booked bike spaces on a Scotrail train via the east coast website (actually East Coast Virgin Trains). You do it on the seat reservations page. The train was Fort William to Glasgow.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com