A new type of bike

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
The fat commuter

A new type of bike

Post by The fat commuter »

Had this link sent to me for a new bike design:
http://dailyliked.net/backwards-brain-bicycle/

Now, I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this - I don't think that it's brain related - I think that it's a reflex - but that's a different matter.

Enjoy. Who's going to build one ...
johncarnie

Re: A new type of bike

Post by johncarnie »

I tried riding one at our village fete! It's impossible! But given time and practice.........! Trouble is, once you master it, what happens when you go back to an ordinary bike?
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

There is video that I saw posted on facebook about it - the guy in the video said it took him eight months - and a lot of falling off - before he could ride it. He then tried going back to a normal bike and had to re-learn to ride that. His small son managed to ride it in about two weeks. On a related note - I have been riding a bakfiets long john for the last six months - the other week I rode my normal bike and the steering felt twitchy and I had the constant sensation that I was about to go over the front of the handlebars.
wirral_cyclist

Post by wirral_cyclist »

I've tried one at a York Rally a few years ago, made by 'Wobbly John' I think from memory. As they say nothing is new in cycling.
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

Think I managed it briefly as a kid, at Lightwater Valley theme park I think, I crossed my arms to hold the handlebars.