Would you have said something?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Would you have said something?

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
So all you Psychology lot can get your minds around this one.

Coming home today on bike, narrow lane opening into a wider lane, but safe for two cars to pass.

Up hill so a bit slow and car comes into view coming towards me.
The car is in the middle of road and now appears to be drifting towards me :o Approximately 10 - 15 yards between us.
At about 5 yards the car now going to hit me and swerves back to middle of road.
At same time I slow up and get ready to dive out of the path of the car.
The car stops as I draw up to open window and me now crawling dead slow, the driver has hand on mobile and drops it and says camly "Sorry Mate"

I drift on by, past car and then say camly "You Know That's Illegal"

The car drifted down the road at a crawl and no doubt in my mind they picked up the mobile again.

No seat belt on either.

The car is a "car derived van"..................a SKY vehicle, I would complain but it appears that on sky customers can do that.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

Coming home today on bike, narrow lane opening into a wider lane, but safe for two cars to pass.

Up hill so a bit slow and car comes into view coming towards me.
The car is in the middle of road and now appears to be drifting towards me :o Approximately 10 - 15 yards between us.
At about 5 yards the car now going to hit me and swerves back to middle of road.
At same time I slow up and get ready to dive out of the path of the car.
The car stops as I draw up to open window and me now crawling dead slow, the driver has hand on mobile and drops it and says camly "Sorry Mate"

[psychology] At 30mph it's 15 yards a second, at 15mph half that. I think you were misjudging your distances quite badly[/psychology] :wink:
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I did say drift and crawl............where's the 30 MPH.

Remarks like these belong to the car drivers who retort at the frustration of innocent cyclist............................................
Dynamite_funk

Post by Dynamite_funk »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,

Using my vast my experience of psychology, I would call this an encounter with what us professionals call 'a ****'
karlt

Post by karlt »

AlaninWales wrote:
Vantage wrote: It was so ridiculous, I could only shake my head in disbelief and laugh :)

Descending a steep hill and keeping the speed down to 30 as there was a 30 limit at the bottom. Woman driver dropping off her kid, pulls out of the schoolyard on my right, not even looking. No chance to brake, I swerved around and alongside and remained there for the 30 yards to join the T junction, where I asked her why she pulled out on me: "It's your fault you were riding two abreast".

I was cycling alone.

That reminds me of an old favourite joke from childhood - "What's the difference between a duck? One of its legs is both the same."
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

karlt wrote:
AlaninWales wrote:
Vantage wrote: It was so ridiculous, I could only shake my head in disbelief and laugh :)

Descending a steep hill and keeping the speed down to 30 as there was a 30 limit at the bottom. Woman driver dropping off her kid, pulls out of the schoolyard on my right, not even looking. No chance to brake, I swerved around and alongside and remained there for the 30 yards to join the T junction, where I asked her why she pulled out on me: "It's your fault you were riding two abreast".

I was cycling alone.

That reminds me of an old favourite joke from childhood - "What's the difference between a duck? One of its legs is both the same."

Or that standing stone(s) in one of Terry Pratchett's books that you can't count, 'however many there is of it'. That's become a family joke in this house.
Can also be applied to some politicians.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Its getting much worse :!:

Today for the second time in a week a car is driving straight at me in the middle of a narrow road.........then the car swerves to the right abruptly (my right) ......pretty obvious that they are not looking forward at all..................