mobile charger for iPhone

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
henrik

mobile charger for iPhone

Post by henrik »

Hi
going on another ultra light tour. Anyone recommend an on the move iPhone charger preferably with rechargeable batteries.

Thinking of not using a map just my iPhone satnav.

cheers
Psamathe

Re: mobile charger for iPhone

Post by Psamathe »

There is another thread around on the same subject so you might find some help there (as I doubt people will bother to answer two threads on similar subjects.

Ian
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There are literally hundreds of USB power packs - any of which should work.

The other option (if this would be regular is a dynamo solution - but that's a search the forum job...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
AndyBSG

Post by AndyBSG »

Not too sure about packs with rechargeable batteries but I use this one when i'm on the move.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FZVYHOO

It's fairly chunky but when fully charged up it will provide 3 or 4 full charges on my LG G3. Charges using a mini USB connection from the mains but the lead for this isn't provided(I'd imagine everyone has plenty of these laying around the house in this day and age!)
borowik

Post by borowik »

I don't know if it is something like that specially for iPhone but when you're buying charger you need min 10000mha :)
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

you need min 10000mha
- that makes 10 amps !!! are you trying to charge it up or weld it? :?
I used to have a Lithium Ion battery powering my lights and permanently fixed to the bike. I ran a cable through a 5v voltage regulator which then charged my phone and could keep the Satnav app running for over 8 hours.
incidentally, iphones will draw up to 1amp if plugged into the mains but only 500mA if connected to a d.c. supply.