You either have or you don't.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
CyberKnight

Re: You either have or you don't.

Post by CyberKnight »

I have heard a ctc ride leader around these parts regularly thrashes roadies on his folding shopping bike .
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
ArMoRothair

Post by ArMoRothair »

hondated wrote:As he overtook me on the hill at some speed I was standing up on my pedals and he was sat just twiddling away on his.
With a cheery " morning " as he passed me he disappeared up the road and at one point I thought I had caught up with him but on the next hill he just twiddled away and was gone again.

E-bikes are great.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

I got my new bike 2 weeks ago and after 3 months little exercise I just found myself blitzing two MTBers on a very steep Lakeland hill towing a heavy trailer. All that with a 50-32 chainring and 11-25 cassette. I was on the big chainring too. I was on form today, won't happen again.

PS I was wearing walking kit too. I own one pair of Lyra cycling shorts and hate them. Hiking trousers tucked into your socks.
nosmarbaj

Post by nosmarbaj »

ArMoRothair wrote:E-bikes are great.

Yes - I do find it a little disappointing if someone who looks older/less fit than me sails past me up a hill - but if I then realise they're on an E-bike I can feel slightly smug. :D
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

nosmarbaj wrote:
ArMoRothair wrote:E-bikes are great.

Yes - I do find it a little disappointing if someone who looks older/less fit than me sails past me up a hill - but if I then realise they're on an E-bike I can feel slightly smug. :D

ah thats the new excuse - he over took me as he was on an e-bike :roll: doesnt matter that that bulge was just a frame pannier and not the battery....
toomsie

Post by toomsie »

Once I past a middle age roadie on a MTB on a hill. I made sure I start bobbing my head, stick out my knees and slow down my cadence as I was passing him.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

If he was on a MTB how did you know he was a roadie?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
toomsie

Post by toomsie »

Paulatic wrote:If he was on a MTB how did you know he was a roadie?

I was on the MTB he was on a road bike.

This was in Richmond park. All manor of queer things was frashing him up that hill
Last edited by toomsie on 28 Apr 2015, 12:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

[emoji3]
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

A bloke on a Brompton sometimes passes me on my way home, he's going all out, giving everything and generally gets about 50m on me before he gratefully turns off to his house whilst i unhurriedly continue home a mile or so further on. Does it bother me? not in the least but the fact he regularly jumps 6 sets of traffic lights, rides up the inside of other riders and generally has no basic concept of road sense does, twice he's nearly caused accidents that i'm aware of!

I regularly get commuters making big efforts to burn me off before reaching their destination, not sure what they are gaining as i'll be warming up for a two hour ride through the Peak District that i'm sure they'd enjoy but maybe not at my pace! :lol: Last nights example made a huge effort to hang onto my wheel for about 200m but there was a big sigh of relief behind me when i made the next junction and he didn't :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!