First time this year camera on bike - and an incident!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Neilo

Re: First time this year camera on bike - and an incident!

Post by Neilo »

An all too common occurrence when I am out, happens almost every ride. It is not the majority of drivers, most slow down(I always take primary) but there is a significant number that try and squeeze past, like in the video, or lay on the horn. Every ride it is something, blind bend overtakes, crossing double whites. laying on the horn when I'm in primary on a narrow road, when there are on coming vehicles, close overtakes, punishment passes. I even got deliberately knocked off once, but, he managed to "find" a witness to say that he never touched me. I just try to make sure I have somewhere to escape to.

nil illegitimi carborundum

Neil
If it aint broke, fix it til it is.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Phil Fouracre wrote:Too common! Had it happen to me a few weeks ago, so bad that the car had to stop to avoid hitting the island
Same thing happened to me just before a roundabout. Speed of the car was fairly slow 20-25mph? as it was in a 20mph zone. However the driver gave a loud blast on the horn, just to prove he/she wasn't in the wrong and it was my fault for cycling on the road even though he/she should have seen me 100yds or more beforehand. :roll:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Sadly I agree as this is the most common incident I encounter. I've had drivers crash into the keep left bollard next to me, brake so late that I've been able to rest a hand on the car bonnet and more amusingly I've seen at least two drivers left stranded having come to a dead stop facing the bollard whilst following motorists undertake them!

My most effective solution is to move to primary and wobble a bit well before the pinch point