getting your priorities right

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
CliveyT

getting your priorities right

Post by CliveyT »

Got it slightly wrong this morning (corner, wet manhole cover, too fast). Two cyclists and a car driver stopped to check I was OK and all I was doing was making sure the bike was good.

(It's OK, chain had popped off but I know I need to re-tension that anyway. My nice new cambium is still intact and that's the main thing)
Vantage

Re: getting your priorities right

Post by Vantage »

The moment when in frustration at the gears not running as smooth as they can be you hit the saddle and then check to see if you damaged it :lol:
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

I am just waiting for an apparatchik from the 'Inclusive Cycling Secretariat' of the CTC to come along and say that the term 'manhole cover' is non-permissible. I think we are supposed to call them 'access covers' now.
I should coco.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Valbrona wrote:I am just waiting for an apparatchik from the 'Inclusive Cycling Secretariat' of the CTC to come along and say that the term 'manhole cover' is non-permissible. I think we are supposed to call them 'access covers' now.

What about personhole? Old version David Chapman a cyclist skidded on a manhole cover in Manchester, new version David Personperson a cyclist skidded on a personhole cover in Personchester.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

I hit a whoditch in Somebodyville once.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Over time your average access cover wears smooth and becomes more and more dangerous to certain types of road user on account of lack of grip. However, if the Gypsies can make a decent living nicking them it is perhaps within the realms of cost effectiveness for Councils to replace them with newer/safer versions. I am not suggesting Councils should replace every worn one - the worn ones known to have caused an accident might be a good starting point.
I should coco.