Utility Pannier Bags

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
CREPELLO

Re: Utility Pannier Bags

Post by CREPELLO »

A good alternative to the coroplastic/board for lining bags is karrimor style sleeping mat. They are cheap enough now to buy new if you can't find an old one. I think the liner is important for reducing wear from internal scuffing from sharp objects. The SJS panniers have definitely benefited from just a piece at the bottom of each bag. It helps keep the bag's shape as well.
CREPELLO

Re: Utility Pannier Bags

Post by CREPELLO »

Just a quick update. I received the two Cordo Single Valda panniers (large) http://www.cordo.com/tas-pakaf-cordo-va ... od-grijs-2
At only £6 each, they should be a bargain, but only if they are well designed, as I have learnt from my previous purchases.

Like the previous panniers I'd bought, the materials and quality of construction seem to be of a high standard. The overall design seems better to me though - for a start each bag has got 6 pockets :shock: - as well as a shoulder strap and rain cover. A single pannier will take two carrier bags of shopping :D Carrying said bags of shopping, the pannier is comfortable to wear with the shoulder strap without the rack hooks digging in.

The only real downside is that they don't have any anti sway devices.

I 'll probably pop a review on the Cycle Goods and Services board when I've used them a bit, but so far I like them.