Cleats and Crashes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tonyf33

Re: Cleats and Crashes

Post by Tonyf33 »

RogerThat wrote:Look Keo pedals were a complete revelation for me last year. Not only are the 150 gr lighter than equivalent Shimano SPD SL pedals but I'd say the cleats (especially the Grey ones) are about 50% easier to get in/out of and they don't make that whacking great 'clack ' sound when you snap in or out. It's altogether a much more gentle experience. They're so easy to get out of I've never even come close to an off. Never pulled a foot out by mistake either. I think Look (the original clip less pedal inventor) have completely perfected the experience. I'd never go back to Shimano after a year with Look Keo. All that clacking away at the start of a ride! Arghhhh! :)*

Think you might want to check your history, 88 years beforehand Charles Hanson (not of Bargain Hunt fame..lol) invented the first twist in/twist out bicycle pedal system, additionally Cinelli had their M71 http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/co ... nents.html 10+ years before LOOK. It was probably market forces/suspicion (because of the 'death' tag) that meant the Cinelli didn't take off. LOOK's clipless system from 1983 was the first successful system but they weren't the inventor of the idea.