TfL Journey Planner

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cusqueno

TfL Journey Planner

Post by Cusqueno »

The TfL Journey Planner for cycling used to be useful. Although occasionally it directed one to make illegal right turns, cross central reservations &c, it actually generated a list of directions and a map that could be printed off in sections, so you needed only to print the bits you were unsure of.

However the latest version is completely useless and does not generate a list of directions - at least not one that I could find. The map is not printable and if you ask for the route to be printed it generates one page giving your start and finish points (which you knew already) and another page carrying an advertisement. Is this other people's experience? I am using Google Chrome.

I have put a complaint in and TfL promises to respond within ten days (!) Ah well, back to Google maps.
[XAP]Bob

Re: TfL Journey Planner

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Cusqueno

Re: TfL Journey Planner

Post by Cusqueno »

Reply to complaint to TfL. Not very cycle-friendly - here's a journey planner that is useless- - take it or leave it (I couldn't print out the map, but perhaps that was because of my system?):

Dear __

Thank you for your feedback form of 16 March about our Journey Planner.

I’m sorry to hear that you are unable to use the Journey Planner for your journeys. The Journey Planner doesn’t have written directions for each cycling journey, but it does provide a map of the journey, which you can print.

I realise that prefer the Journey Planner that we previously had. We won’t be reverting to this, but I have forwarded your comments on to our web team for their information.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please contact us again if you need any further assistance or if you would prefer to call us about this matter, please call us on 0343 222 1234.

Kind regards