Halfords Cardiff £20 Helmet worth £80

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
DanCharles

Halfords Cardiff £20 Helmet worth £80

Post by DanCharles »

Hi, just a heads up to new/cyclists (like me) Halfords has a great sale on helmets. There helmets worth £80 - £90 that are being sold of at £20. Also they have energy gels sold an the introductory price of 30p which is great. I got both today.
mjr

Re: Halfords Cardiff £20 Helmet worth £80

Post by mjr »

I think you mean "originally priced at..." or similar. They might not be worth anything.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
DanCharles

Post by DanCharles »

mjr wrote:I think you mean "originally priced at..." or similar. They might not be worth anything.

I stand corrected :)
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I bought some tyres from Halfords today. £32.99 in store, £23.99 via click and collect (Conti Gators). Lesson - always check the Internet price before buying (luckily I did). I don't know how they can justify the price difference when it is the same tyres you are buying.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

TrevA wrote:I bought some tyres from Halfords today. £32.99 in store, £23.99 via click and collect (Conti Gators). Lesson - always check the Internet price before buying (luckily I did). I don't know how they can justify the price difference when it is the same tyres you are buying.

They can't, that's why they'll honour it in store.

Of course if you don't check they'll charge it anyway
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
DanCharles

Post by DanCharles »

TrevA wrote:I bought some tyres from Halfords today. £32.99 in store, £23.99 via click and collect (Conti Gators). Lesson - always check the Internet price before buying (luckily I did). I don't know how they can justify the price difference when it is the same tyres you are buying.

I know what you mean its ridiculous. I know the guy who works at my local store so normally when I buy stuff he will check to see if its cheaper online and charge me that price. It may be worth asking them to do this of your buying a bunch of stuff.