Walking bike

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mill4six

Walking bike

Post by mill4six »

Looks like fun, what do people think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8G3xxjiz-0
gaz

Re: Walking bike

Post by gaz »

Interesting concept and possibly quite fun to r̶i̶d̶e̶ walk.

It would appear that walking on the treadmill simply kicks the motor into life which then powers the cycle and the treadmill :? .

Certainly not cheap but I suppose I ought to compare the price with e-bikes rather than BSOs.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I've always thought about how a rowing machine bike would work, someone must have done it.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Elizabethsdad wrote:https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204275787147754

Brilliant! Not sure about the noise. It just shows there's no bounds with imagination and ingenuity.

I've got a canoe and a bike. Now what shall I make this weekend?...hc
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Flatlanders - Tut!
I like both of those. The paddlebike is very clever, but the treadmill bike in particular directly addresses the big problem with using exercise machines - being indoors staring at a wall.
I wonder how controllable it is - and I really, really, hope that here is a means of preventing the notorious "treadmill ejection".... :D
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Heltor Chasca wrote:I've got a canoe and a bike. Now what shall I make this weekend?...hc

Oh, its all been done before! there's the Mk1 pedallo,
and then there's: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25906
Old thread, but the links still work!
Trying to retain enough fitness to grow old disgracefully... That hasn't changed!
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

I wonder how easy it is to start from stationary going up a hill. I could see it being difficult due to the mechanical/leverage issues and good traction on the "belt" (the treadmill belt thing).

Ian
hercule

Post by hercule »

Postboxer wrote:I've always thought about how a rowing machine bike would work, someone must have done it.

Indeed they have, there are even competitions for them in the Netherlands...

Thys Rowbike

My arms are to my legs what T. Rex's forelegs were to his hindlegs, I'm not planning on trying one any time soon.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

But it's powered by the electric motor isn't it? So the walking action isn't needed might as well just stand there and save the space / weight of the treadmill?
It turns into a segway then I guess?