UKIP - get off road, cycle on pavement

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
661-Pete

Re: UKIP - get off road, cycle on pavement

Post by 661-Pete »

See also:
viewtopic.php?p=859598#p859598

On reflection, I wonder whether this guy is American. Because, in USA-speak, 'pavement' means the carriageway, i.e. the bit cars go on...

Or - perhaps not. I wouldn't attribute this sort of lunacy even to the Tea Party.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
jezer

Post by jezer »

Audax67 wrote:This seems appropriate:

http://youtu.be/i9yGi5fOt6Q

Ah, the great Spode. He would be standing for UKIP today :lol: I hope I get a visit from a UKIP canvasser in the run up to May. We'll have an interesting conversation :wink:
Power to the pedals
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Heltor Chasca wrote:And 12% of Charnwood's population are forecast to vote for this idiot? Yikes. What does that say about Britain?... ...hc

Indeed!
It's disheartening to think that 12% of Charnwood voters are equally idiotic :? .
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
wrangler_rover

Post by wrangler_rover »

Just remember, UKIP are a real threat to the political status quo in the country.
The political establishment will use every opportunity to discredit UKIP in the run up to the election.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

wrangler_rover wrote:Just remember, UKIP are a real threat to the political status quo in the country.
The political establishment will use every opportunity to discredit UKIP in the run up to the election.

But this is UKIP discrediting themselves.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
wrangler_rover

Post by wrangler_rover »

If voting made a difference, they would have banned it by now!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

wrangler_rover wrote:Just remember, UKIP are a real threat to the political status quo in the country.

Just remember, UKIP are a real threat to the country.

FTFY
Si

Post by Si »

I notice that Al Murray in his guise as the Pub Landlord is standing against a UKIPer ( http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/14/nigel-farage-pub-landlord-al-murray )*

This I think is rather a mistake on Al's part as despite him being a professional comedian of some note, I don't think that he can hold a touch to the comedic genius of UKIP!

* please don't read anything into the fact that I linked to the G, it was the first one to come up on google
daveanmucker

Post by daveanmucker »

Who was that said " UKIP is a hole made for dense people to fall into".
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

daveanmucker wrote:Who was that said " UKIP is a hole made for dense people to fall into".

I don't know but s/he was spot on in that assumption :mrgreen:
The worrying thing is that there's a lot of dense people about :shock: ,an estimated 12% in Charnwood alone.
It's what happens when established parties loose contact with the man on the street.It creates a void for radical and outlandish ideas and views to flourish,especially when the electorate is at best interested only in self and at worst downright stupid!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Si wrote:This I think is rather a mistake on Al's part as despite him being a professional comedian of some note, I don't think that he can hold a touch to the comedic genius of UKIP!

Different tyoe of comedy though. Stand up vs farce.
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

TonyR wrote:
Si wrote:This I think is rather a mistake on Al's part as despite him being a professional comedian of some note, I don't think that he can hold a touch to the comedic genius of UKIP!

Different tyoe of comedy though. Stand up vs farce.

[emoji122] [emoji38] good....hc
AlaninWales

Post by AlaninWales »

Be Afraid .... Be Very Afraid!!!!

Which is of course the message of the political establishment. Be afraid of Change. Be Afraid of what the Plebs might desire ... be afraid of wha might happen if we step outside of the political norms,,

Be aware that yu might not agree with the democratic majority before you support democracy.

OR...

Be happy that your own views are correct - but are you convinced you have the right to oppose them on others? That's what Hitler (and Ghenghis and Stalin and Henry viii) believed
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

Yesterday cycling home from the shops, I was nearly forced off the road by car that pulled out of a side junction and drove at my to get round a parked car. When I called out that they could have waited the car stopped and the passenger amid a some abuse told me to get off the road and ride on the pavement. Given that I was riding an 8' long bakfiets long john cargo bike I don't think their suggestion was really practical. I doubt the majority of pedestrians would agree with them either. Unfortunately what I actually replied with was a return of abusive language. Not the best response but probably the only one they would have understood. I expect they will be voting UKIP - if they vote at all and are literate enough to write an X.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

The reality is motorists want us off the road and pedestrians don't want us there either.