10,000 miles in a year finally

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
foxyrider

Re: 10,000 miles in a year finally

Post by foxyrider »

i might try counting accurately next year - guess i'm @ 7k for this year so far :wink:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
AlanW

Post by AlanW »

Just a few miles to go to hit 11,000 miles so far this year, so I "should" be good for about 14k by the end of the year.

Thus beating last years total (and the years before for that matter) of just over 13,000 miles
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
rjb

Post by rjb »

AlanW wrote:Just a few miles to go to hit 11,000 miles so far this year, so I "should" be good for about 14k by the end of the year.

Thus beating last years total (and the years before for that matter) of just over 13,000 miles

Just over 1 end to end every month then :mrgreen:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
nez

Post by nez »

Approximately 50 miles every working day. Respect!
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Back when I commuted every day, when I was audaxing, 20 miles to work (actual distance 7) and 30 home on a run up to an event.

When you are single living out of a box it easily done, saturday day off :) sunday a wakeup 2.5 hr forest run and you can relax :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

10001 miles achieved today and not a single puncture - mind you if I take last year into account, that's over 19000 miles without one - mostly on Vittoria Randonneur Pro tyres, and entirely in North Wales.

I'm going to bake some cake :D
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
nez

Post by nez »

Congratulations. That's some miles.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

deliquium wrote:10001 miles achieved today and not a single puncture - mind you if I take last year into account, that's over 19000 miles without one - mostly on Vittoria Randonneur Pro tyres, and entirely in North Wales.

:shock:

A. for the miles
B. for being puncture-free
C. any chance of posting some cake here? :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Mick F wrote:
deliquium wrote:10001 miles achieved today and not a single puncture - mind you if I take last year into account, that's over 19000 miles without one - mostly on Vittoria Randonneur Pro tyres, and entirely in North Wales.

:shock:

A. for the miles

Should also mention in addition to the zero punctures, every mile was without a helmet :wink:

Cake being prepared is TAMARIND DATE CAKE

It's delish and better than rocket fuel for cyclists. Anyone who want's to drop by and try some are welcome. Should have contacted you a few years ago MickF - one of your End to End jaunts came close?
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

deliquium wrote:
10001 miles achieved today and not a single puncture - mind you if I take last year into account, that's over 19000 miles without one - mostly on Vittoria Randonneur Pro tyres, and entirely in North Wales.

Mick F wrote: :shock:
A. for the miles

Seconded.
I'm still about 1300 short and just had my second puncture of the year.
Last edited by Vorpal on 29 Oct 2015, 7:20pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fix quotes
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Made it to 10,003 yesterday. My mileage has dropped a bit with all the gales we have had recently but my puncture tally has now risen to 3 (and will probably continue to rise as hedge slashing is now in full swing). I haven't kept a tally of all the cake eaten! :D
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
rjb

Post by rjb »

pedalsheep wrote:Made it to 10,003 yesterday. My mileage has dropped a bit with all the gales we have had recently but my puncture tally has now risen to 3 (and will probably continue to rise as hedge slashing is now in full swing). I haven't kept a tally of all the cake eaten! :D

Well done, my tandem mileage is only a few short of 7600 which will be a new annual record for us. Total annual mileage for all bikes has dropped below 10k but I do have my bus pass :D .
What is it with all this hedge cutting ! They are all doing it down here too :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
We got it in south devon too, double puncture (two thorns one tyre) :(

Hoping for 11 / day but manged 10 starting December if I had stopped there :)
Need 200 before rest of year and will struggle on time for that, but happy at the mo with my pathetic effort.
Well done.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Busy day tomorrow, there's 9879 miles to do.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Manc33

Post by Manc33 »

27.4 miles a day on average... no, no and no again. I once did 20 miles 5 days in a row and that was enough.
We'll always be together, together on electric bikes.