10,000 miles in a year finally

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: 10,000 miles in a year finally

Post by Mick F »

eileithyia wrote:............... cycling always come first, other commitments such as housework and decorating second.
:lol:

Yes, that's the way I've done it these past ten years or more, to the detriment of other things.

My plan for 2015 is to not cycle so often, but paint the outside of the house, get on top of the gardening, and do a bit more housework. Instead of cycling four or five times a week, I'm going to cut down to twice a week and probably do more miles per ride.
Mick F. Cornwall
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Mick F wrote:
eileithyia wrote:............... cycling always come first, other commitments such as housework and decorating second.

Yes, that's the way I've done it these past ten years or more, to the detriment of other things.

My plan for 2015 is to not cycle so often, but paint the outside of the house, get on top of the gardening, and do a bit more housework. Instead of cycling four or five times a week, I'm going to cut down to twice a week and probably do more miles per ride.

NO.......................Don't do it :x ....................................three times a week, go out and up the pace, works for me.
Shorter rides will keep you fitter, unless you aim is to cycle all day for two days instead of three where you spent the rest of the day getting over your ride :)
Shorter rides of two to three hours at a higher work load are better than longer rides at a purely aerobic level, you can always add weight instead of turning the pedals faster :) Or are you just cycling to avoid something / someone else................ :?: ............ :lol:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Mick F wrote:

Nooooo don't do it, life's too short... No one has on their headstone, 'he had a perfect garden and well painted house'
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
I have come to the conclusion that a field and a hard standing with a caravan is looking atractive :)
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Eileithiya wrote
............... cycling always come first, other commitments such as housework and decorating second.

life's too short... No one has on their headstone, 'he had a perfect garden and well painted house'

Couldn't agree more. I've never known anyone look back on their life and say 'I wish I'd spent more time doing housework'.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
And some still live with their parents :)
hondated

Post by hondated »

eileithyia wrote:
Mick F wrote:

Nooooo don't do it, life's too short... No one has on their headstone, 'he had a perfect garden and well painted house'

eileithya that reminds me of the time a mate of mine had the choice of renewing his gutters and suffit boards or rekindle his love of motorcycling and buy another motorcycle. Sadly he chose the former of the two.
Have you reached the magic number yet.
To achieve it is brilliant but to also do it when you do shift work like you do is even more remarkable.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Just under 100 to go.
My ex was not amused when i spent £800 on a pair of carbon wheels when the bathroom needed work; tbh it needed a lick of paint or a complete makeover, either way would not cover it (and he spent approx £100 a month on booze) no wonder he soon became Ex..... :lol:

Shifts sometimes enhance what i am doing.... as i can cycle at odd times, fit the cycling around my shifts and with a 17 mile commute i can clock up a few miles there.....
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
NATURAL ANKLING

Hi,
Well I did spend a months wages (engineer) on a bike in 1983, still have it....................
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

Just seen this thread and added up my mileage = 8920 miles so far. Mostly alone, 1 club ride, 0 Audax but plenty of shopping (no car). Zero punctures. Only 2 days of not riding. Better get togged up and out there NOW. Well done to the >10000 milers ✔✔✔
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

62 to go :-)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I just topped the 4,500miles today. :D
I don't commute, I don't ride every day, but I get out when I can .......... just for pleasure.
Mick F. Cornwall
deliquium

Post by deliquium »

eileithyia wrote:62 to go :-)

62 cold ones - mind the ice :!:
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

deliquium wrote:
eileithyia wrote:62 to go :-)

62 cold ones - mind the ice :!:

Indeed, if necessary will do repeated rides up A6 to Preston and back...... :lol:
nez

Post by nez »

10k, 5k, 4k... Congrats to all. Fantastic.