What do you say?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Stradageek

What do you say?

Post by Stradageek »

Had punishment pass approaching a small quiet roundabout on a housing estate in primary position. I had to brake hard and pull into the kerb to avoid the driver who overtook then cut in on me at the roundabout entrance and braked to block me (the roundabout was clear - there was no need to brake). I shouted a loud 'Oi' and he then wound down his window and yelled 'How much ****** road do you want'

All I could think to say is 'I want a lane!' I was a little shocked as I normally ride recumbent and these things just don't happen

What would you have said?
Last edited by Stradageek on 21 Dec 2014, 3:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vorpal

Re: What do you say?

Post by Vorpal »

Highway code rule 164.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Postboxer

Post by Postboxer »

I'd warn him of the consequences should he try to kill me again but using colourful, descriptive language. I'd probably get very very angry.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

This happened, the driver then drove into the kerb across the cycle path to impede my forward motion

Simply pointed out the GoPro and stated that it was obvious from his attitude and driving that he had no idea of a safe distance and I would be asking the Police to educate him

They did!
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

And then last night my wife and I were cycling two abreast through the park, on a cycle path in the dark. I heard a small 'ding' behind me and Jean said, 'there's someone behind'. I looked round and was trying to work out how best to single out when the cyclist just barreled between us and rammed our bikes. After untangling the bikes, the rider, who said not a word, then cycled off. On reaching our destination I found that Jean's bike had sustained a bent rack and a snapped indicator chain.

Impatience, it seems, is not restricted to motorists!