Really taking the sandwich

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
squeaker

Really taking the sandwich

Post by squeaker »

Some years back, Worthing prom was again opened up for cycling (this permission had been withdrawn a decade or so ago after an elderly lady was knocked down). However it seems that, as has been said elsewhere, there are idiots using all forms of transport, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised whilst walking past the municipal loos here (note the strategically placed litter bin - this is a narrow section with lots of crossing foot traffic for the loos and bus stop shelters etc.) to see an oncoming cyclist going 8 to 10mph sitting up and eating a sandwich (in one hand) whist holding the sandwich box in the other (ie both hand no where near the bars) :shock: :evil: Presumably if he'd had a 3rd hand that would be holding his mobile....

And while I'm at it, the above happened about 30s after seeing a lad in hoodie on a shopper (!) of some description (yes, shopper, not chopper) 'force' his way across the main road traffic on a pelican crossing (no waiting for lights to change) - but at least he had one hand on the bars (mobile in the other).

The only positive point being that they were not driving motor vehicles :lol:
"42"
gaz

Re: Really taking the sandwich

Post by gaz »

squeaker wrote:... a sandwich (in one hand) whist holding the sandwich box in the other ...

Shocking :shock: . The council have installed a litter bin for cycletrack users and he hasn't used it :wink: .

squeaker wrote:The only positive point being that they were not driving motor vehicles :lol:

Whilst a fairly big positive point it is not the only one. Whilst he hadn't put his litter in the bin that the council had so thoughtfully provided at least he hadn't thrown it on the ground :mrgreen: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade