Bike lift...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
[XAP]Bob

Bike lift...

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
gaz

Re: Bike lift...

Post by gaz »

Surely one for 1st of April :?:
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
manybikes

Post by manybikes »

Just imagine the health & safety brigade in UK. Could never happen here because cars would be parked on it :lol:
Elizabethsdad

Post by Elizabethsdad »

Not sure about worlds first - I am sure I saw a picture of this system in a copy of Cyclepedia back in the 90's being used in San Francisco.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

It was installed in 93 I think
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
karlt

Post by karlt »

There is no "Health and Safety Brigade" - they're an invention of the Daily Mail.
GrumpyGit

Post by GrumpyGit »

manybikes wrote:Just imagine the health & safety brigade in UK. Could never happen here because cars would be parked on it :lol:

You took the words right out of my mouth! Nice idea though, I could think of a few locations for one round here. Highgate Hill, Crouch Hill and Muswell Hill for starters. I find good brakes are essential for descending any of those three.
Derek - The enlightened petrolhead ;)
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There is something like this in Stuttgart, a rack railway that goes up a hill (200 m climb) and takes cycles without charge. Unfortunately cycles are only taken on the up journey, one must ride back down the hill.
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies