NCN-55 Closure (Part of it anyway)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Vantage

NCN-55 Closure (Part of it anyway)

Post by Vantage »

I wasn't sure where to put this so if it needs moving elsewhere on the forum, no probs.

Just a heads-up to anyone using the stretch of route 55 from the A5082 Cleggs Lane in Little Hulton to the B5229 Parrin lane at Worsley Golf Club/Patricroft.
The Roe Green section is closed from under the East Lancashire Road to the M60 for 14 weeks due to resurfacing work.
I only discovered it as I ran into this...

10392539_880563781995388_8691925278964845410_n.jpg

having not seen one single warning notice from Salford Council or Urban Vision on previous rides anywhere along the route. Lovely.
Looks like I'm back to risking my neck on main roads and roundabouts for a while.
I only discovered this info after some ridiculous amount of googling ... http://www.urbanvision.org.uk/news/roe- ... rovements/
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
gaz

Re: NCN-55 Closure (Part of it anyway)

Post by gaz »

I'll try to get a warning raised on Sustrans mapping.

Edit 7/12/14: Seems it's already there, not as a hazard warning on the map but as a note on the link to the route description.

Follow the "More Information" box and there's even a discussion section to which I've now added your link.
Last edited by gaz on 14 Aug 2022, 7:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vantage

Re: NCN-55 Closure (Part of it anyway)

Post by Vantage »

It's open again and sooooooooooooo wonderfully smooooooooooooth :)

So far as far as I can see, Network Rail haven't managed to screw up this section of trail but from what I've read, this won't last. They've already made a porcine posterior of parts of Bolton and Horwich thanks to this stupid tramline.
Last edited by Graham on 10 Mar 2015, 7:54pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: distressing swearywords redefined
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.