Re, Idiots on bikes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
ferdinand

Re: Re, Idiots on bikes

Post by ferdinand »

Deleted - misunderstood op.
Last edited by ferdinand on 4 Dec 2014, 4:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardy

Post by beardy »

Fifteen (or thirty) miles is nothing to a great deal of cyclists.
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

ferdinand wrote:I think someone is trolling

I don't see any evidence of that on this thread.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
karlt

Post by karlt »

Many of our Sunday rides in B&DCC are in the Peak.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

ferdinand wrote:A very belated note.

I think someone is trolling - Bakewell is in the Derbyshrie Dales, not in Bolsover Council Area, which is about 15 miles away.

F
are you mistaking Bolsover and District cycling club for Bolsover and district council?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
ferdinand

Post by ferdinand »

TrevA wrote:
ferdinand wrote:A very belated note.

I think someone is trolling - Bakewell is in the Derbyshrie Dales, not in Bolsover Council Area, which is about 15 miles away.

F
are you mistaking Bolsover and District cycling club for Bolsover and district council?

Checking back - yes I did.

Apologies - my "trolling" comment related to a posting about a Bakewell incident posted on what I read as the web page of Bolsover District Council - ie stirring up trouble on the page of an adjacent council.

Posting deleted.

Ferdinand
jqdsffjdsoge

Post by jqdsffjdsoge »

Sagwagon wrote:This is a post ive copied from the Bolsover and District CC facebook page. Makes me feel proud to be a cyclist. "Rode through Bakewell today, stopped off to use the facilities and was approached by an official looking person and asked to put the word out. It appears a group of road cyclists in hi vis stuff rode through the closed roads. The roads were closed for the armistice parade. Apparently the cyclists shouted at the marching band to get out of the way. Obviously the people of Bakewell were none to impressed with this behaviour."

Not good.

I'm usually pulling into the office carpark by 07:20 AM and arriving home by about 16:30 at the latest, so the roads are relatively quiet much of the time. But on two occasions recently, I found myself going into the Square Mile at around 9 AM and leaving it at around 5 PM. And I had forgotten just how many utter f1cknuggets were riding around on two wheels these days.

The red light jumpers, the pavement cyclists, the mouth-breather passing me on the left, the r3tards coming out of side streets without even glancing to check that they could...

I'm glad to be back to an early rise.
--
Just a bloke
2008 Surly LHT | 2013 Surly LHT | 2014 Genesis Flyer | 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 3