no no no cycling?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
honesty

no no no cycling?

Post by honesty »

Saw this sign at the weekend. a triple negative?

WP_20141026_13_09_31_Pro.jpg
[XAP]Bob

Re: no no no cycling?

Post by [XAP]Bob »

No no, no no no no, there's no limit....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKnwHAGXvlE

Or no, no, no, no ,yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpHySiUAfg
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
gaz

Post by gaz »

No, no ,no. You don't love me... and I've got no place to go now :lol: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Pompey Monkey

Post by Pompey Monkey »

No, no, no, it's this one:
http://youtu.be/kxRX6LXDpWs
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

I noticed on my recent trip, that the NO CYCLING signs are like that in the USA, with the diagonal bar. I've never understood why the European protocols proscribe the bar, it would make sound logical sense to me - but I suppose we're fairly used to our version, now. American cyclists, visiting Britain, might get it wrong I suppose.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

661-Pete wrote:I noticed on my recent trip, that the NO CYCLING signs are like that in the USA, with the diagonal bar. I've never understood why the European protocols proscribe the bar, it would make sound logical sense to me - but I suppose we're fairly used to our version, now. American cyclists, visiting Britain, might get it wrong I suppose.
And by that logic speed limit signs should also have a bar through them, as well as all the others that only have a red circle. I would have thought technically the OP's sign is invalid as it's not a statutory sign. :wink: Motorists have "got off" parking penalties for incorrect signage so the same might apply here.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

A recent thread about CYCLISTS DISMOUNT signs turned into a discussion of NO CYCLING signs with a redundant red diagonal.

viewtopic.php?p=810250#p810250
iviehoff

Post by iviehoff »

thirdcrank wrote:A recent thread about CYCLISTS DISMOUNT signs turned into a discussion of NO CYCLING signs with a redundant red diagonal.

It is only redundant in legal terms. In practical terms, it isn't redundant at all, it's a very good idea. If only all signs indicated "no..." by putting diagonal bars across. I've never been able to remember which is you do and you don't out of those signs with the big red arrow and the small black one or the other way around, even though they occur in the country in which I live. On the other hand, the French sign which indicates "you don't have priority" by putting a diagonal bar across something, who cares what - a yellow lozenge with a white border or something - I have no difficulty in understanding that even though I don't go to France very much.