Accident on bike

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
martinn

Re: Accident on bike

Post by martinn »

As a Clinical manager in the NHS, i have had to deal with a number of Sickness episodes, some short and some longer term. The trigger points are there to ensure that an individual is not abusing the system. I would much rather have a member of staff take a few more days off sick and be fully recovered, so that when they do return to work they are fully fit.

I would be very wary of using facilities designed for use by patients such as the free bus. As staff we did used to use this when travelling between two hospital sites, but this was sanctioned.

Your sickness if it works the same as our trust, will calculate it on the number of sessions that you have off for a specific periord of time. This is usually over a rolling 12 month period, and you are "allowed" 4 sickness episodes before you reach the first review (trigger) point. However for an incident as you describe, this can be taken into account and can be sometime (managers discretion) from the sickness trigger point. You would also have to have had 3 other sickness events in the past 12 months to hit a trigger point

Hope that helps

Martin