Cafe & coffee

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
julianm

Re: Cafe & coffee

Post by julianm »

Well that`s exactly the sort of thing I meant at the start of this thread, though Castle Howard is notorious for expense to be honest. If you ever get as far south as Elvington pop into `Big Baps` on the industrial estate opposite Wheldrake Lane. £6.55 would get you a decent lunch & a drink, owner is a cyclist as well.
Been in this morning just as it was filling up with lads in vans & locals from the estate - well worth a stop.
andrich

Post by andrich »

Elvington is just down the road from me. Not likely to need a coffee after 5 miles!
keyboardmonkey

Post by keyboardmonkey »

andrich wrote:Called at the tearoom in Hovingham (Howardian Hills, N Yorks) yesterday. Had Apple pie and cream and a latte. I nearly fell over when they asked for £6.55. I t was £2.95 for the latte - dearer than Costa etc. I won't be calling there again unless I am desperate! I hadn't paid so much for lunch in Pickering!

The last time I was at that café half of us sheltered under the table umbrellas whilst the others sat on a bench eating their packups - in the rain - rather than pay those prices.

andrich wrote:Elvington is just down the road from me. Not likely to need a coffee after 5 miles!

Have you tried the World Peace Café in Kilnwick Percy, near Pocklington?

Highly recommended, although the portion sizes mean that the cakes occasionally have to be shared :shock:

World Peace Café, Kilnwick Percy
World Peace Café, Kilnwick Percy

Riders from East Yorkshire CTC are getting round to listing their other favourite cafés in that area:

http://eastyorkshirectc.org.uk/category/cafes
honesty

Post by honesty »

keyboardmonkey wrote:
Highly recommended, although the portion sizes mean that the cakes occasionally have to be shared :shock:

NO! Cakes are never shared!!! ;)